What file(s) has/have current tabs open? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
needsmusic

What file(s) has/have current tabs open?

Unread post by needsmusic » 2019-11-14, 20:13

I use MX Linux. I'll be installing a new edition which requires that I wipe my HDD and then install the latest edition of MX Linux. This means I'll lose all the currently opened tabs of Pale Moon. What Pale Moon file or files should I save before I wipe the HDD so that once I install the new version of MX Linux I can just paste those files in place to have my many current open tabs again? Is it best to save the entire .moonchild productions and then paste that into my new /home ?

[My current Pale Moon version is 28.7.2 (64 bit).]
Last edited by needsmusic on 2019-11-14, 22:34, edited 2 times in total.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: What file(s) has/have current tabs open?

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-11-14, 20:43

You could also bookmark those tabs, export the bookmarks, and then reimport them after the reinstallation.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: What file(s) has/have current tabs open?

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-11-14, 23:51

needsmusic wrote:
2019-11-14, 20:13
Is it best to save the entire .moonchild productions and then paste that into my new /home ?
Best way. That directory stores your profiles if you have more than one, so everything will get saved - settings, cookies, bookmarks, passwords, not just your tabs, and when you run Pale Moon after reinstalling, it will just resume exactly where and how you last closed it.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX