(Solved) Save page as...

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
francesco bat

(Solved) Save page as...

Unread post by francesco bat » 2019-11-12, 17:36

Hi!
For some time, i find many web pages i can not to save as complete page.
When i save the page offline, often the page is incomplete, require to access online, sometimes i can't to view images, etc.
In the past this doesn't happened.
The problem is not only Palemoon, but all browsers (i tried with Vivaldi, SeaMonkey, etc.).
An example is this page:

https://www.versionmuseum.com/history-o ... pe-browser

in this page i can't to save as complete web; i can not to view the images (the images continue to have external links and they are not convert in offline mode).
I can not to understand what is happening in recent time in the web, but is there a solution for this?
Bye
Francesco bat
Last edited by francesco bat on 2019-11-12, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Save page as...

Unread post by jars_ » 2019-11-12, 17:54

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-12, 18:30

Save page as is a "best effort" feature and designed for primarily static web content. Some commonly-used techniques of presenting web page content these days are not easy to capture as a static page to serialize and save. If it doesn't work, you can either use some extensions that might be able to capture dynamic content, or make a graphical snapshot (e.g. with Fireshot) to save the page as an image or PDF.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

francesco bat

Unread post by francesco bat » 2019-11-12, 18:47

Thank you for answers.
Now i had understand :thumbup: :clap:
I had been puzzling over this story for days :roll:
I knew i can to save in pdf but i wanted leave it like last chance.
Beautiful the addons ScrapBook X : spectacular ;)
Bye
Francesco bat

Kerebron
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: (Solved) Save page as...

Unread post by Kerebron » 2019-11-12, 19:15

You can also use an external program, like HTTrack, which gives you more control about what is dowloading and what isn't.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: (Solved) Save page as...

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-12, 19:47

If content is pulled in dynamically with JS, I don't think httrack will be able to capture it either.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite