3rd party (non-extension) cookie tools

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

3rd party (non-extension) cookie tools

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2019-11-11, 01:29

I have stumbled on ...
MAXA Cookie Manager ... http://www.maxa-tools.com/cookie.html
FlashCookieView (nirsoft) ... http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/flash_cookies_view.html

Both 3rd party cookie :? .... tools :?:

Nirsoft tool is rather under whelming, and admits it does not "capture" HTTPS domains
- I vaguely understand it is possible to infiltrate a HTTPS domain .... but not easy
MAXA website is old, 2016, and makes no comments about HTTPS domains
- a lot of waffle (sales focused) but little substance overall

I am fed up with YouTube feeding me "interests" I finished with a year (or so) ago
and Google tracking, a lot of HTTP sites are google-centric

Any comments on external cookie managers, or PM extensions, would be appreciated

Thank you :)
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: 3rd party (non-extension) cookie tools

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-11-11, 01:44

I use Cookie Masters to manage cookie permissions, and I only whitelist the sites that require me to login, all cookies are blocked by default.
Haven't heard of any 3rd party tools to manipulate browsers that aren't IE, since it stores its data in standard locations for each user as individual files for cookies, bookmarks and cache.
Off-topic:
FWIW, I quite enjoy Youtube's recommendations, have discovered a few really great channels through them such as DUST, which specializes in high quality sci-fi shorts that are better than anything Hollywood makes these days, be it in terms of plot, visuals, script or acting.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2019-11-11, 07:22

Thanks moonbat :)

Your tip-off to Cookie Masters is appreciated. Juggling cookie exclusions in any browser has always been a pain.

Instead of an anti-virus I use an anti executable (VooDoo Shield); sounds like Cookie Masters uses a similar strategy.
White list concept is far more slick than endless blacklists.
Off-topic:
Your passion for sci-fi looks interesting. DUST graphics are amazing
For 15 years during the golden age of books I worked for a large publisher. SciFi was never my thing.
Until I tried a book by Robert Fisk (the title escapes me now, a stroke last july has wiped some braincells out)
Fisk was brilliant ... I took a day off work just finish the read. ;)
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-11-11, 08:08

bawldiggle wrote:
2019-11-11, 07:22
Thanks moonbat :)
You're welcome :)
bawldiggle wrote:
2019-11-11, 07:22
Off-topic:
Your passion for sci-fi looks interesting. DUST graphics are amazing
For 15 years during the golden age of books I worked for a large publisher. SciFi was never my thing.
Until I tried a book by Robert Fisk (the title escapes me now, a stroke last july has wiped some braincells out)
Fisk was brilliant ... I took a day off work just finish the read. ;)
Off-topic:
Of late I've stopped looking at any other genre, (save for alternate history) both for books and movies (the latter ever since I discovered Dust a couple of months ago). Good sci-fi shows possibilities and changes to societal interaction in addition to the technology showcased, and I find that aspect far more interesting than other genres of entertainment.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX