Webroot Doesn't Like Mozglue.dll

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Delingr

Webroot Doesn't Like Mozglue.dll

Unread post by Delingr » 2019-11-09, 15:18

Within the last week Webroot decided that Mozglue.dll was malware. I white listed the file, but today I had the same problem. Both times, I couldn't load Pale Moon without reinstating the file. Could someone point me to a clean version of the file so I can, at least, be sure I don't really have a problem? Is anyone else having this problem? Do I need to talk to Webroot about this? Any clues would be appreciated.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Webroot Doesn't Like Mozglue.dll

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-09, 15:38

Delingr wrote:
2019-11-09, 15:18
Any clues would be appreciated.
Report it to webroot as a false positive. We can't fix what isn't broken.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-11-09, 15:48

Where did you install from? Was it somewhere other than Pale Moon's own download page?

I just scanned a copy of mozglue.dll at VirusTotal and it was completely clean.

The file was from a portable copy of the current x86 unstable version, but I would expect the release version / x64 architectures to have the same clean result.

Delingr

Unread post by Delingr » 2019-11-09, 15:58

Thanks,

I just installed Pale Moon from the website to an external drive and checked the file size. It's identical. I then substituted the new Mozglue.dll for the old. Everything is working fine including all my add-ons and bookmarks.
I will report this to Webroot.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

D.

Delingr

Unread post by Delingr » 2019-11-09, 16:06

False positive reported. We shall see what they do.

D.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2019-11-09, 21:44

I used Webroot in the past. It's not bad but if you are dealing with non-mainstream software like Pale Moon, expect to be in contact with them for manual whitelisting (by them). A lot. I switched.

Delingr

Unread post by Delingr » 2019-11-10, 12:46

I have had very little trouble with Webroot so far, by I will keep Emsisoft in mind if it gets worse.

D.