Leaving Pale Moon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
rbeltz48
Moongazer
Moongazer

Leaving Pale Moon

Unread post by rbeltz48 » 2019-10-27, 13:31

After trying to use the past several versions of Pale Moon I am returning to Firefox and Chromium. I really liked the old style Firefox interface. But no matter which version I use there are problems with displaying various websites and pages, including more recent Youtube movies which will simply not play at all. Thanks for the memories. Sayonara Pale Moon!

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Leaving Pale Moon

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-10-27, 13:35

Bye, I guess.
Off-topic:
Who was that guy anyway?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-10-27, 14:59

Have a good one. As said many times: just use what works best for you and your workflow.
Off-topic:
Not sure. A topic was opened about a website not displaying correctly. Several people including myself helped them. It got solved. Now they are leaving anyway.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2019-10-27, 17:11

I would have suspected a problem with library versions on Linux, because most websites work fine on Pale Moon for me. (albeit I'm on Windows 7 SP1)
Off-topic:
Is he/she crying that EME DRM isn't supported?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-10-27, 17:24

Don't think they are crying or raging. Rare, leaving post with no apparent anger. I mean it's redundant and doesn't actually matter cause only people who are around matter. But least we aren't being accused of shit at the moment. That is kinda nice.

Mike_Walsh
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Mike_Walsh » 2019-10-29, 18:38

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-10-27, 17:24
Don't think they are crying or raging. Rare, leaving post with no apparent anger. I mean it's redundant and doesn't actually matter cause only people who are around matter. But least we aren't being accused of shit at the moment. That is kinda nice.
Myself, I never see the point in getting snotty when you find a piece of software that doesn't work for you. Especially in the open-source world, bearing in mind that since most open-source devs aren't getting paid for what they do, they don't exactly owe you anything.

So what's to be gained? It didn't work for you; just say 'Thanks; at least we gave it a try', and move on.....

(*shrug*)

Much more pleasant all round. Everybody seems to want something different from any given piece of software. (Me, I use a right old mixture of Linux & Windows stuff; .exes (under WINE), .debs, tarballs, stuff compiled from source; AppImages; self-extracting scripts.....you name it; if it does what I want, I'll use it.)

No sense in being so dogmatic about 'principles' and 'protocol' if you merely end up shooting yourself in the foot in the process.... :roll:

Mike. :)
Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-10-29, 20:30

Mike_Walsh wrote:
2019-10-29, 18:38
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-10-27, 17:24
Myself, I never see the point in getting snotty when you find a piece of software that doesn't work for you. Especially in the open-source world, bearing in mind that since most open-source devs aren't getting paid for what they do, they don't exactly owe you anything.

So what's to be gained? It didn't work for you; just say 'Thanks; at least we gave it a try', and move on.....

(*shrug*)

Much more pleasant all round. Everybody seems to want something different from any given piece of software. (Me, I use a right old mixture of Linux & Windows stuff; .exes (under WINE), .debs, tarballs, stuff compiled from source; AppImages; self-extracting scripts.....you name it; if it does what I want, I'll use it.)

No sense in being so dogmatic about 'principles' and 'protocol' if you merely end up shooting yourself in the foot in the process.... :roll:

Mike. :)
Off-topic:
Must be that good norfolk air doing you some good mike.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Mike_Walsh
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Mike_Walsh » 2019-10-30, 15:52

@ moonraker:-
Off-topic:
Must be that good norfolk air doing you some good mike.
Oh yes, mate. Deffo.... :lol:

Mike. :wink:
Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D