Twitter Doesn't Work

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
BKelley56
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Twitter Doesn't Work

Unread post by BKelley56 » 2019-10-12, 11:04

Good morning.

Yesterday I tried logging in to my Twitter account and it gave me a message I've never seen before: "Something went wrong, try again"

I can't get this message to go away no matter what I tried, Flash Protected Mode, clearing the cache/history, CNTL/F5, nothing.

Capture.PNG

Has anyone else run into this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Twitter Doesn't Work

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-10-12, 11:46

Did you check for blocked cookies, or an adblock filter gone bad? uBlock Origin and nMatrix both have a log showing what was blocked - don't block stuff from twitter.com and subdomains, particularly platform.twitter.com.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-10-12, 11:50

Used twitter today without issues, so doesn't seem global.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-10-12, 13:03

This happens to me whenever I use a mobile browser.
Doesn't matter if it's Chrome or Firefox, I always have to refresh at least once before it works.
I'm not logged in as I don't have an account and it still happens.
However, I don't have to do anything on Pale Moon, aside unblocking scripts if I want to see particularitly old messages or videos.

BKelley56
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BKelley56 » 2019-10-12, 17:52

moonbat wrote:
2019-10-12, 11:46
Did you check for blocked cookies, or an adblock filter gone bad? uBlock Origin and nMatrix both have a log showing what was blocked - don't block stuff from twitter.com and subdomains, particularly platform.twitter.com.
This must be the problem. I turned off the Adblock and refreshed the screen, and voila, it works. I'll do some more checking with it and find out what's causing the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.