Set live bookmarks update interval? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Set live bookmarks update interval?

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-10-10, 00:19

Came across this ancient tip for Firefox 3 saying that you need to create browser.bookmarks.livemark_refresh_seconds in about:config.
Does it apply to Pale Moon, and if not how does one do it?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Set live bookmarks update interval?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-10-10, 01:59

You can't set this interval that way. This hasn't been a thing since Firefox 19. Livemarks automatically refresh once per hour.
You can manually refresh a feed by right-clicking the live bookmark and selecting "reload".

If you need fine control or rapid updating of feeds, I suggest you use a dedicated feed reader instead. Livemarks are not designed for rapid stream digestion.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-10-10, 03:17

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at a quick way to follow replies to a Linux Mint forum question without having to fire up my dedicated desktop RSS client (QuiteRSS). 1 hour refresh sounds reasonable.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-10-10, 12:32

I have been using "LiveClick 1.5.0" for many years to keep my Live bookmarks reloaded.

http://legacycollector.org/firefox-addo ... index.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda