ARM-related bugfixes

Discussions about the development and maturation of the platform code (UXP).
Warning: may contain highly-technical topics.

Moderators: trava90, athenian200

dimag0g

ARM-related bugfixes

Unread post by dimag0g » 2019-10-04, 21:10

Hi,

I've made a couple more fixes in order to build UXP/master for Raspbian Buster. Let me know if any of these warrant a pull request.

1. Replaced calls to undefined functions "isMarkable" and "toMarkablePointer" with calls to "isGCThing" / "toGCThing".

2. Added a missing template definition for type "unsigned char". Without a definition, template functions used in a different compilation unit result in a linker error as explained here. In this case, the call site is in "gfxTextRun::SetSpaceGlyph".

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: ARM-related bugfixes

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-10-04, 22:14

We can take the first one, no problem. I don't know about the effect of the second so it may have to be ifdef'd to arm. Moonchild would know.

Please open up a couple of issues and ask. Please don't submit PRs yet, use issues and read the contribution guidelines.

dimag0g

Re: ARM-related bugfixes

Unread post by dimag0g » 2019-10-05, 19:59

Regarding the second change, the usual solution is to put template definition in a header file instead of the .cpp, so that template definitions are available in every compilation unit that uses them. That would be a more substantial change (especially if done for all template functions), but the advantage is that template functions are automatically defined for any type they are used with.