ARM-related bugfixes

Discussions about the development and maturation of the Unified XUL Platform (UXP).
Warning: may contain highly-technical topics.

Moderator: trava90

dimag0g
Moongazer
Moongazer

ARM-related bugfixes

Post by dimag0g » 2019-10-04, 21:10

Hi,

I've made a couple more fixes in order to build UXP/master for Raspbian Buster. Let me know if any of these warrant a pull request.

1. Replaced calls to undefined functions "isMarkable" and "toMarkablePointer" with calls to "isGCThing" / "toGCThing".

2. Added a missing template definition for type "unsigned char". Without a definition, template functions used in a different compilation unit result in a linker error as explained here. In this case, the call site is in "gfxTextRun::SetSpaceGlyph".

New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff

Re: ARM-related bugfixes

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-10-04, 22:14

We can take the first one, no problem. I don't know about the effect of the second so it may have to be ifdef'd to arm. Moonchild would know.

Please open up a couple of issues and ask. Please don't submit PRs yet, use issues and read the contribution guidelines.
The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot speak.
In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

https://binaryoutcast.com/ | http://thereisonlyxul.org/ | Freenode #binaryoutcast

dimag0g
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: ARM-related bugfixes

Post by dimag0g » 2019-10-05, 19:59

Regarding the second change, the usual solution is to put template definition in a header file instead of the .cpp, so that template definitions are available in every compilation unit that uses them. That would be a more substantial change (especially if done for all template functions), but the advantage is that template functions are automatically defined for any type they are used with.