Error: GDK_BACKEND does not match available displays

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dlcusa

Error: GDK_BACKEND does not match available displays

Unread post by dlcusa » 2019-09-17, 17:34

Into a CRUX 3.5 with Xorg 1.20.5 and Xfce 4.14 system on a Gigabyte box with an Nvidia GT218 VGA card driven by nouveau, I downloaded the 28.7.1-linux-x86_64 tarball to check this browser out. The title of this post is all the information ./palemoon provided. Am I correct in guessing my technology is not supported? I have not found such specifications--is there such a document? If unsupported, could it be if palemoon was built from source?
Last edited by dlcusa on 2019-09-17, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Error: GTK_BACKEND does not match available displays

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-09-17, 18:28

Are you sure it is not GDK_BACKEND?
Anyway, does this apply to you: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/error-gdk-b ... ys/29725/6 ?

dlcusa

Re: Error: GDK_BACKEND does not match available displays

Unread post by dlcusa » 2019-09-17, 18:40

I am now sure that was wrong and I have edited the title--thank you. And I have successfully started palemoon via the launcher and am using it to type this, so, yes, that link does apply, and thank you for that as well! :)