Regarding the latest update...

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Regarding the latest update...

Unread post by Tharthan » 2019-09-10, 08:11

From the release notes:
Moonchild wrote: "Removed the Financial Times' polyfill user-agent override since they updated their detection to work with Pale Moon."
Did you reach out to them? If so, I'm glad that they responded. Or did they do it on their own?
Last edited by Tharthan on 2019-09-10, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Regarding the latest update...

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-09-10, 08:12

I reached out to them by creating an issue on their repo.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2019-09-10, 08:26

Off-topic:
Speaking of the Financial Times, I found this site to be pretty informative.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2019-09-10, 08:54

Tharthan wrote:
2019-09-10, 08:11
From the usage notes:
Should be "From the release notes:"

Some people may wonder where these notes are written. It's important to use the correct terminology to avoid ambiguity and confusion.

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2019-09-10, 11:48

adesh wrote:
2019-09-10, 08:54
Should be "From the release notes:"

Some people may wonder where these notes are written. It's important to use the correct terminology to avoid ambiguity and confusion.
Thanks for that catch. I have corrected the original post.

To all intents and purposes, that was a slip of the finger, not intended phrasing. I use the words "usage notes" a lot elsewhere, so it was more or less a force of habit.

But, again, thanks for catching that. I wouldn't have gone back and noticed it otherwise.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020