[npapi] chinese p2p dog camera

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

humanclone

[npapi] chinese p2p dog camera

Unread post by humanclone » 2019-09-09, 09:54

It uses an NPAPI plugin. It installs one dll into c:\windows . How do I convince palemoon to load the stream viewing interface? I really really do not want have to keep an entire windows machine for internet explorer npapi support

npIPCamPlug.dll

:wtf:

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: [npapi] chinese p2p dog camera

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-09-09, 10:07

humanclone wrote:
2019-09-09, 09:54
It uses an NPAPI plugin. It installs one dll into c:\windows . How do I convince palemoon to load the stream viewing interface? I really really do not want have to keep an entire windows machine for internet explorer npapi support

npIPCamPlug.dll

:wtf:
Learn to ask a question properly FFS. How is anyone supposed to know what you're blathering about if you don't provide any information - what software is this that uses an NPAPI plugin, where to download it, any screenshots? Have you never asked a question online in your life before?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-09-09, 10:11

moonbat.. As much as I love to go after confusing opening posts.. Please in the future consider the context and possibility of a non-native english speaker or machine translation.

With that said, please clairify, OP.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-09-09, 10:13

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-09-09, 10:11
As much as I love to go after confusing posts.. Please in the future consider the context and possibility of non-native speakers or machine translation moonbat.

With that said, please clairify, OP.
I do account for that, since OP here doesn't sound like they have problems with English, and it's too perfect to be a machine translation ;)
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-09-09, 10:17

Off-topic:
moonbat, don't throw away a promising future of potential here. Please dial it back a smidge.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-09-09, 10:36

Aye, cap'n!

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-09-09, 12:17

Maybe you can move/copy it to a folder used by Pale Moon (which one depends on the OS, if I recall correctly.)
If you are not using Windows as your OS, then there's not much you can do, since NPAPI plugins require to be compiled specifically for the target system. Given that it's a DLL for Windows, unless you can get a version for not-Windows by the developers you can't use it in a different system.

humanclone

obstreperous contention overcome

Unread post by humanclone » 2019-09-09, 12:20

I have a p2p camera to watch dogs. It has an android app. I do not like it. It offers a browser plugin. I download the installer exe. It installs one dll into \windows as named above. This is x64 windows 10 pro.

about:plugins in palemoon does not list it

How do I load the plugin with palemoon? Now the lan page prompts to download exe. I have done that.

I downloaded portable x64. I copied dll to relative folder for plugins as mentioned in other dll threads. no joy.

I know an extension is not a plugin.

this is the file

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/cafcfa ... 640/ae33bb

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-09-09, 13:10

humanclone wrote:
2019-09-09, 12:20
It offers a browser plugin. ... I downloaded portable x64.
By any chance, is it a 32-bit plugin? If you're using the x64 version of Pale Moon, you would need an x64 version of the plugin. If no such plugin version exists, then this plugin would only show up in a 32-bit version of Pale Moon.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-09-09, 15:16

humanclone wrote:
2019-09-09, 12:20
I downloaded portable x64. ... no joy.
Nigaikaze wrote:
2019-09-09, 13:10
By any chance, is it a 32-bit plugin? If you're using the x64 version of Pale Moon, you would need an x64 version of the plugin. If no such plugin version exists, then this plugin would only show up in a 32-bit version of Pale Moon.
Looking inside the .dll with an archiver, it does seem to be meant for 32-bit Windows.
npIPCamPlug.dll\.rsrc\version.txt
npIPCamPlug.dll.png

Nicholas_Yeo

Unread post by Nicholas_Yeo » 2020-01-21, 09:12

Chinese speaker here...
Can you describe the problem more clearly and maybe show us some screenshot/photo about the issue? Are you trying to check/watch surveillance camera on Pale Moon browser?
樓主可不可以詳細說清楚問題是什麼?或是一些可以描述問題的截圖之類的?你是要在Pale Moon上面觀看監控嗎?