Taking (fullscreen) screenshot through console freezes Pale Moon for some time

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tmpfs

Taking (fullscreen) screenshot through console freezes Pale Moon for some time

Unread post by tmpfs » 2019-09-04, 11:41

Every now and then I take a fullscreen screenshots of various websites through console, SHIFT + F2, e.g.

Code: Select all

screenshot --fullpage /tmp/palemoon_forum-2019-09-04.png
However over the years, through the various versions of Pale Moon, each time this action has caused the browser to freeze for undefined period of time, say 30 seconds or so. The question, is this issue solely mine, and if not, will it be ever fixed? As I'm writing this post and testing more taking screenshots, the browser doesn't seem to freeze so much if not all, but however the initial freezing is something undeniable for me.

System:
Pale Moon: 28.7.0 (64-bit) - aur/palemoon-bin 28.7.0-1
Distribution: Arch Linux 5.2.11-arch1-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 29 08:09:36 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux
CPU: i7-3770k
RAM: 32GiB
SSD

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Taking (fullscreen) screenshot through console freezes Pale Moon for some time

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-09-04, 12:27

See the Issue on the UXP repo titled "Devtools run like shit" and report it to that issue.