What is This?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

What is This?

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2019-08-30, 02:35

I see this panel occasionally on sites that still have Flash, but not always
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (2.3 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Clicking the "Show All" button shows the Flash Allow Once/Always panel that everyone knows and loves. The other two buttons don't do anything. Tested on a brand new profile. All I had to do was change the Flash plugin to "Ask to Activate" and visit https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: What is This?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-08-30, 07:59

This panel occurs when there are multiple plugins asking for permission at once. It shouldn't display when there's only one plugin permission prompt.

This looks like a recent regression. Thanks for reporting!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2019-08-31, 18:18

Moonchild wrote:
2019-08-30, 07:59
This panel occurs when there are multiple plugins asking for permission at once. It shouldn't display when there's only one plugin permission prompt.

This looks like a recent regression. Thanks for reporting!
Off-topic:
Do you happen to have an example page with multiple plugins that you use for testing this panel? I've never checked it in any of my themes because I never knew it existed.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-08-31, 18:21

Off-topic:
Just create a page yourself with e.g. both flash and silverlight <object>s and set both to "ask to activate".
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2019-08-31, 21:58

Moonchild wrote:
2019-08-31, 18:21
Off-topic:
Just create a page yourself with e.g. both flash and silverlight <object>s and set both to "ask to activate".
Off-topic:
I got Flash, Silverlight, and Java plugins to show the interface; how many different plugin types does it take for the "Show All" button to appear?

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2019-09-01, 16:27

Off-topic:
Nevermind, figured it out with the help of the Java Deployment Toolkit.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-09-01, 19:46

Fixed this in Issue #1222 (UXP).