Palemoon Icon Dim

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Palemoon Icon Dim

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-08-20, 23:35

Eyes are not that good.
Is there a way to make the Linux Pale Moon 28.6.1 64 bit icon darker?

Thanks for any response.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Palemoon Icon Dim

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-08-21, 01:56

Edit the icon in <install location>/browser/chrome/icons/default.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-08-21, 02:19

moonbat wrote:
2019-08-21, 01:56
Edit the icon in <install location>/browser/chrome/icons/default.
How do I edit icon in default?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-08-21, 02:55

Use any image editor, Paint.net is a good free one on Windows. You can adjust hue/saturation to get the level of brightness you'd like. Not sure if your changes will persist between updates to the browser though, best to save a backup of your changes elsewhere.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-08-21, 06:32

You have your answer.

Moderator: Lock this thread, please.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-08-21, 12:41

@ tman801

I'm not a power user in linux so I cannot use a linux editor to darken the Pale Moon icon since I get "lost in the process" if you get my drift.

I use linux Mint as my default distro (operating system). Mint comes with both Mint-Y, which is the default dark theme in Mint and which has a black Panel taskbar which I do not like and Mint-X which is the white theme which has a very light gray or white colored Panel taskbar depending on what style I use which is xfce-redmondxp since I prefer a light colored Panel taskbar in linux distros.

So I decided to change the linux Pale Moon launcher icon to a different image using Mint's own image files so I could see it better. This solved my problem which seems to be the same problem you're having. So you might want to try what I've done and see if that works for you.

The above is just a suggestion.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox