Password Not Working On Every Update Of Pale Moon

General discussion and chat (archived)
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Password Not Working On Every Update Of Pale Moon

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-09-13, 16:38

I've got a small, but annoying problem and I don't think it's a bug since it happens on all "four" of my computers (2 desktops, 2 laptops).

After every update of Pale Moon starting with a versions back, if I log out of the Pale Moon forum site, the next time I try to log back in to this site, my password no longer works. BTW, I changed the password when this site forced me to about 6 weeks ago so it's not an original password I've previously used.

I have to click on "I forgot my password" so this system can send me an automated email with a new password for me to log back in and then I can change the new password this system just sent me to the new password I created 6 weeks ago.

Right now I'm on my third computer which "luckily" I'm logged in and I'm not about to log out of the Pale Moon forum site. Is anyone else having this problem or is it unique to only me and my four computers?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Password Not Working On Every Update Of Pale Moon

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-09-13, 17:04

BTW this same behavior happens, password wise, when I'm using the Firefox browser too.

Went from Firefox 22 to Firefox 17.0.8 ESR and the same thing happened on all four of my computers. Couldn't log into the Pale Moon forum and and the same thing happened with the Mozillazine forum site.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-09-13, 17:14

I use LastPass so it is not a problem I have noticed, but just as a thought - you have the "remember my password" enabled in the Options>Security section?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2013-09-13, 17:28

Rohugh wrote:I use LastPass so it is not a problem I have noticed, but just as a thought - you have the "remember my password" enabled in the Options>Security section?
No, I don't have that enabled in the Options>Security section. I don't like having passwords saved all the time on my computers in whatever browser I'm using because if any of my computes get stolen, I'd be in............."deep doodoo"............if you get my drift. :shock:

After I'm logged out, when I log back in, after I input my username and password, I always have checked:

Log me on automatically each visit

Then I click on "Login" and then my problem rears it's ugly little head since this site won't let me login after each new update to both Pale Moon and Firefox. :(

Must be the work of an unseen "gremlin". :twisted: