The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Unread post by Falna » 2019-07-08, 18:47

99HVYSK wrote:
2019-07-08, 12:52
from my own experience, self hosting email and fighting spam is no fun at all, if you're the only person who is using the service, it is not worth the effort.
Suggest going for your own domain + shared email hosting instead. Learned the lesson when my ISP packed up with 24 hours notice in the late 1990s and have had no significant problems since.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

99HVYSK
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by 99HVYSK » 2019-07-08, 20:18

Falna wrote:
2019-07-08, 18:47
Suggest going for your own domain + shared email hosting instead. Learned the lesson when my ISP packed up with 24 hours notice in the late 1990s and have had no significant problems since.
mailbox.org is a kind of shared email hosting, user allows to use their own domain with no extra charge.
Pale Moon v29, pentadactyl, eMatrix, Arch Linux, twelve years old ThinkPad X200

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-07-08, 20:32

Falna wrote:
2019-07-08, 18:47
Off-topic:
I was hoping to make use of multiple accounts/aliases on my own service so as to diffuse incoming spam among multiple addresses and have better control over which addresses are tied to which services. Multiple aliases or accounts usually costs money with a trustworthy shared hosting service.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

99HVYSK
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by 99HVYSK » 2019-07-08, 21:29

Isengrim wrote:
2019-07-08, 20:32
Off-topic:
I was hoping to make use of multiple accounts/aliases on my own service so as to diffuse incoming spam among multiple addresses and have better control over which addresses are tied to which services. Multiple aliases or accounts usually costs money with a trustworthy shared hosting service.
Off-topic:
for most of the sites, mail+service@domain.com address is fine, which is free of charge, if target site don't support + address, use e4ward.com as fallback.
Pale Moon v29, pentadactyl, eMatrix, Arch Linux, twelve years old ThinkPad X200

nord1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by nord1 » 2019-07-10, 14:42

nord1 wrote:
2019-07-08, 12:27
I think I screwed the pooch with Interlink's capability to open up an email message in my default browser (Palemoon, not the portable version). Think I changed a setting somewhere because now when I try to use the "open in browser" it fails. I have to right click on that and copy the link location manually into PaleMoon. There must be a setting somewhere that I can use to fix this behavior.

Thanks
Still have to open links by copying URL to PaleMoon. What I think happened is that there is a setting in InterLink that I changed to open Interlink email in Interlink, not a browser. Not sure as I changed it when I temporarily wanted to use PaleMoon Portable (which I do not use on my main computer anymore).
Tks
-N-
Framework, Windows 11 Pro, Basilisk, Panda Dome, MalwareBytesPremium, Scotty is On Patrol

hidden
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by hidden » 2019-07-10, 15:12

Hi, other language for Interlink?

I'm waiting to take the leap.

Thanks!

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2019-08-10, 21:52

Sheriff, how do I add aliases?

Can I add aliases?
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-08-11, 00:18

Select relevant account -> Accounts/"View settings for this account" -> click "Manage Identities..." button.

See also: "Multiple identities per e-mail account"

This has not changed, to my knowledge, from classic Thunderbird (not familiar with current) or FossaMail.

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2019-08-11, 00:48

coffeebreak wrote:
2019-08-11, 00:18
Select relevant account -> Accounts/"View settings for this account" -> click "Manage Identities..." button.

See also: "Multiple identities per e-mail account"

This has not changed, to my knowledge, from classic Thunderbird (not familiar with current) or FossaMail.
Do I have to set the "Reply-to Address" to anything?
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-08-11, 01:20

People will reply to the alias you mail from.
If you want replies directed to a different address, enter that into "Reply-to-Address".

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-08-27, 22:04

I wanted to let Interlink users know that the next version that will come out almost certainly on Thursday will have one change that may affect you. As originally planned but not implemented till now.. The Linux GTK3 build will be produced with GCC 7. If you can already run Pale Moon then you will likely be not affected by anything. But it is a change and I wanted you all to know it was happening.

Linux GTK2 builds will continue to be produced with GCC 4.9 for maximum compatibility with so-called legacy systems for as long as the platform supports it and there IS a GTK2 build being produced. Both of which I don't see changing any time soon. However, the SSE2 processor instruction set minimum requirement remains in effect.

That is all.

zzzcoder

Unread post by zzzcoder » 2019-09-07, 10:29

Can you confirm whether gnotifier works with interlink latest download (linux 64 bit)?

http://interlink-addons.binaryoutcast.com/extensions/

On my version of interlink it wont work and complains about interlink not supporting jetpack extensions.

If I can't get gnotifier to run, interlink isn't much use to me, any advice?

really like the mail client, it will help me keep my plugins to a bare minimum - just this plugin is a make or break for my notifications set up.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-09-07, 13:06

zzzcoder wrote:
2019-09-07, 10:29
If I can't get gnotifier to run, interlink isn't much use to me, any advice?

really like the mail client, it will help me keep my plugins to a bare minimum - just this plugin is a make or break for my notifications set up.
What's wrong with Interlink's built-in notification feature?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

andym

Unread post by andym » 2019-09-10, 08:58

@ zzzcoder

Gnotifier does not seem to work in Interlink

You could try Enhanced Desktop Notifier instead

hitokage
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hitokage » 2019-09-25, 02:10

Are the Unified XUL Platform changes that are part of Pale Moon 28.7.1 not necessary for Interlink, or has New Tobin Paradigm been busy with other things?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-09-26, 23:21

The Security Updates in Pale Moon 28.7.1 are important but aren't AS critical to an email client as they are to a web browser. I will make a new release, I have just had other things going on at the moment.

hitokage
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by hitokage » 2019-09-27, 03:34

No problem, I thought it was something like that plus you being having to take over the Linux build of Pale Moon.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-09-27, 03:41

That would be one of them yes.

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2019-10-04, 10:50

I was happy that you made it so that at first launch Interlink asks for a password unlike Thunderbird, but if I click cancel I can go right in and read emails. Maybe this should be fixed?