HTML5 Buttons not responding

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
d-[a_a]-b

HTML5 Buttons not responding

Unread post by d-[a_a]-b » 2019-07-20, 18:28

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue or just me. On some websites recently, HTML5 buttons have done nothing beyond highlight-on-hover.
I suspect the problem is on my end. I had Noscript enabled for awhile, but even when I enable all scripts, the button still does nothing. And yes, Javascript works on other pages.

Anyone else run into this snag and know how to fix it?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: HTML5 Buttons not responding

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-20, 19:34

One of the many issues one can run into with NoScript.

The only solution is to completely uninstall NoScript.
There are alternative extensions available that are fully compatible with Pale Moon, that also allow you to block script content.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2019-07-20, 19:39

As Moonchild said, just having NoScript installed can cause problems (even if you enabled all scripts). I know from first hand experience. Try those buttons in a brand new clean profile.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-07-20, 19:42

Well since you use noscript.. No one is WILL help you unless you ALSO try in an uncorrupted clean profile. Beyond that, no one is going to be ABLE to help unless you provide some specific examples.

Satisfy those conditions, please.

d-[a_a]-b

Unread post by d-[a_a]-b » 2019-07-25, 03:23

Hm... Darn.
I realize Palemoon is a long ways from Firefox, although Noscript does work in FF. Why not in Palemoon? *musing*
Anyways... Is there an alternative to Noscript that *doesn't* have this issue?

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-07-25, 10:28

Off-topic:
d-[a_a]-b wrote:
2019-07-25, 03:23
I realize Palemoon is a long ways from Firefox, although Noscript does work in FF. Why not in Palemoon? *musing*
a) I noticed issues with NoScript even when I used to use it with Firefox - things would break even after enabling everything.
b) NoScript for Firefox is currently a Web Extension, and likely works differently than the XUL version.
d-[a_a]-b wrote:
2019-07-25, 03:23
Anyways... Is there an alternative to Noscript that *doesn't* have this issue?
I recommend eMatrix instead.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

d-[a_a]-b

Unread post by d-[a_a]-b » 2019-07-25, 15:09

Thanks! I'll check it out.

UPDATE: ematrix didn't do anything at all, but maybe I have too old of a version? (26.4.0.1) The version history says it should work with 26.0, but who knows. In any case, enabling javascript altogether makes tons of sites crash for me (because those sites use too much JS, it appears), hence the minimal JS.

Thanks anyways!

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-07-25, 16:49

On some websites recently, HTML5 buttons have done nothing beyond highlight-on-hover.
URLs where this occurs?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-07-25, 19:52

d-[a_a]-b wrote:
2019-07-25, 15:09
(26.4.0.1)
I think the problems you are facing are caused by this.
If you can't get v28 at least go with 27.

And I should probably increase the minor supported version to 28 when I release eMatrix 4.