Allow home page icon to be placed right or left

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
pccobbler

Allow home page icon to be placed right or left

Unread post by pccobbler » 2019-07-20, 16:47

One thing I always do is move the home page icon just right of the URL field. If possible, please allow this in the future.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Allow home page icon to be placed right or left

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-07-20, 17:05

The Home page icon can be moved to where you want already. By opening up the Customize window, you can move the Home page icon to the right of the URL bar. Look at my attachment below. Of course, you'll have to left click the attachment to make it larger and easier to see.
Attachments
Pale Moon Tray Icon11.png
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-07-20, 19:30

pccobbler wrote:
2019-07-20, 16:47
One thing I always do is move the home page icon just right of the URL field. If possible, please allow this in the future.
Button. It is a Toolbar Button.

I suggest you learn how to use the software you employ before you ask for features that have existed since before Pale Moon was a thing.. which in total is going on 15 years now since customizable toolbars.

Aube Bleue

Unread post by Aube Bleue » 2019-07-20, 20:38

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-07-20, 19:30
Button. It is a Toolbar Button.
Well, according to the Customize Toolbar window itself, the term icon is correct:
Customize Toolbar.png

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-07-20, 20:41

Incorrect. That is to show Icons or Text or Icons AND Text which are ELEMENTS of a toolbar item commonly toolbar buttons. SNAP!

Aube Bleue

Unread post by Aube Bleue » 2019-07-20, 20:54

So, icon + text = button/item. Got it. Thanks for the precision, Captain Tobin. I appreciate that.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-07-20, 21:00

Aube Bleue wrote:
2019-07-20, 20:54
So, icon + text = button/item. Got it. Thanks for the precision, Captain Tobin. I appreciate that.
ye

pccobbler

Unread post by pccobbler » 2019-07-21, 19:24

I looked in the menubar, which is generally a superset of functionality. It never occurred to me that someone would only place it in the separate popup menu that enables/disables the menubar. Don't worry, I won't post again.

Aube Bleue

Unread post by Aube Bleue » 2019-07-21, 20:11

pccobbler wrote:
2019-07-21, 19:24
I looked in the menubar, which is generally a superset of functionality. It never occurred to me that someone would only place it in the separate popup menu that enables/disables the menubar.
It is accessible through the Menu Bar: View -> Toolbars -> Customize.