Is there IDM integration plugin for PaleMoon?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Forita

Is there IDM integration plugin for PaleMoon?

Unread post by Forita » 2019-05-06, 18:52

I have IDM (internet download manager) installed on my PC, it automatically detects browsers and integrate with them, but it doesn't recognize palemoon. Is there anyway i can do to add palemoon to IDM?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Is there IDM integration plugin for PaleMoon?

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-05-06, 23:15

Ask the IDM developers to release an extension for Pale Moon. It's the only way and you can search the forum if you don't believe me.

Forita

Unread post by Forita » 2019-05-07, 09:01

Yes, that's the solution. I thought as Palemoon derived from Firefox, it could have another way of developing an extension for it.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-05-08, 15:32

Forita wrote:
2019-05-07, 09:01
... it could have another way of developing an extension for it.
IDM is a trial/pay product so it would need more than a developer who forks it and just a permission by the original ("enthusiast") developer to do that. It's about property and ToneC is a company.

Nightbird
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Nightbird » 2019-05-08, 23:22

You can add a browser
Attachments
IDM.PNG
Diversity is key.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2019-05-08, 23:32

So far, the IDM developers have refused to support Pale Moon. Suggestion: learn how to use youtube-dl. It's less complicated than it looks.

Instructions for Windows:
  1. Create a folder somewhere on your PC (avoid special locations like Program Files etc.). Optionally name it FFmpeg
  2. Download latest FFmpeg from here: https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ (Version: select the release build, Linking: select Static)
  3. Extract the contents of the downloaded file inside your created folder. Amongst others, a folder named "bin" will be created
  4. Download the Windows executable of youtube-dl (the "youtube-dl.exe" file, latest release here) and put it inside this "bin" folder
Now, youtube-dl is properly in place. One last hurdle: you need to open a Windows command prompt inside the "bin" folder, in order to send commands to youtube-dl directly.

(see below for alternative method) For Windows versions earlier than W10, right-click the "bin" folder while holding Shift and select "Open command window here". That's it. The most simple command now would be: youtube-dl.exe [your url here without brackets]. Many more options available. To quickly update, just enter: youtube-dl.exe -U

(see below for alternative method) For Windows 10, Microsoft has been pushing PowerShell and the "Open command window here" option is not available. There are many guides on how to restore it, for example this one.

Alternatively, you can skip "Open command window here" entirely for all Windows versions. You'd be able to simply write "cmd" to the start menu, open the command prompt and just enter your youtube-dl command. To do this, you need to add your "bin" folder to your system path. Many guides available, for example here (in Step 5, replace the example path with the path to your own "bin" folder).

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-07-02, 00:37

(I can't test Internet Download Manager myself, but...)
What's new in version 6.33 Build 3
(Released: Jul 01, 2019)

Added support for Pale Moon 28
Fixed bugs
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2019-07-02, 08:39

It is now compatible (starting from IDM version 6.33 Build 3). You need to follow instructions at the bottom of this page.

pri_ma

Unread post by pri_ma » 2019-07-03, 11:28

https://data.internetdownloadmanager.co ... lemoon.xpi

older idm also work, idm 6.33 build 2 in here. :D

Lexx Diamond
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Lexx Diamond » 2019-07-19, 19:51

pri_ma wrote:
2019-07-03, 11:28
https://data.internetdownloadmanager.co ... lemoon.xpi

older idm also work, idm 6.33 build 2 in here. :D
Thanks a million. I was wondering why it wouldn't work for me even though the settings were correct. Your link sorted the matter out splendidly. Thanks again. :thumbup:

Dypsis

Unread post by Dypsis » 2019-09-12, 07:04

But IDM already officially supports Pale Moon 28.

Internet Download Manager News

What's new in version 6.33 Build 3

(Released: July 01, 2019)
  • Added support for Pale Moon 28
  • Fixed bugs