Moved to PM 28.5.2 now no spell check in text boxes

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
zack832

Moved to PM 28.5.2 now no spell check in text boxes

Unread post by zack832 » 2019-07-15, 16:42

For some reason in some forum text boxes I have no option to spell check after moving to the latest version. It wont even spell check, no option. As noted it will check the text box, but the body no go. It has always worked no the site I clipped prior to updating, also works here. Not limited to only the forum I posted but many others I post in. Weird. What's the issue?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-07-15 12-39-28.png

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Moved to PM 28.5.2 now no spell check in text boxes

Unread post by ron_1 » 2019-07-15, 16:59

The latest version is 28.6.0.1. I'm sure you'll be asked to upgrade for further help.

When you right-click in a text box, is "Check spelling" checked?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-07-15, 17:18

That is a CKEditor that is pictured. It may surpress it or may not even be a proper textbox anymore but completely js generated emulated monstrocity that the software doesn't see as a textbox and thus doesn't use the primitive level widget that has spell checking features.

I do know this, CKEditor is a piece of junk and a shadow of its former greatness and not even in the same league as the original FCKEditor that was freely developed that it came from.

zack832

Unread post by zack832 » 2019-07-15, 17:51

Well the odd thing is I"m using PM 28 on a number of laptops and all of them work on the site I pictured and on every other site I go to, just not this install of PM. I did the standard edits in about: config, yet still not working...

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-07-15, 18:50

Interesting.. Safe Mode would be your next move.

zack832

Unread post by zack832 » 2019-07-19, 06:38

Update Solved.

I tried Safe Mode and all worked well. Went down my list of add-ons and disabled the one I felt might be causing the issue --Grammerly. Restarted the browser and all is well. No real need for that extension anyway.