Restoring the Open/Save download box to default?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moongazer

Restoring the Open/Save download box to default?

Unread post by Moongazer » 2019-07-12, 00:55

I've accidentally checked the "save automatically" checkbox when it asks you if you want to save or open a file, now i can't open files except after i save them on my PC. I've tried reinstalling PM and using CCleaner before that but it didn't work, the previous settings remained. Any advice on how i can restore it to default?

Thank you in advance.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Restoring the Open/Save download box to default?

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-07-12, 01:14

Preferences > Applications > Look for the file type that you accidentally saved automatically > Set the option on the right to "Always ask".

Edit: The reason the preference didn't go away is because it's saved to your profile, which is in a different place from the install location. Uninstalling Pale Moon doesn't remove your profile.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Moongazer

Re: Restoring the Open/Save download box to default?

Unread post by Moongazer » 2019-07-12, 10:03

Thanks, it worked! I'm aware about the profile thing, i just thought of giving it a try in case someone here asked me if i tried reinstalling.

Cheers!