pny.com - SystemOutOfMemoryException - on Linux

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Torrey

pny.com - SystemOutOfMemoryException - on Linux

Unread post by Torrey » 2019-07-08, 01:08

I received this error on my Pale Moon browser while trying to visit https://www.pny.com. I was able to visit pny.com using my Chrome browser, but not on Pale Moon. Hopefully you will be able to fix this with an update :)

Server Error in '/' Application.
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value) +93
System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value) +85
System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +330
Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ExtractOne(Stream output) +323
Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream, String password) +1009
WURFL.Resource.WURFLResources.ZippedWurflResource.GetStream() +136
WURFL.Resource.WurflParser.Parse(IWurflResource wurflResource, IWurflResource[] patchResources) +77
WURFL.Devices.DeviceRepositoryBuilder.Build(Configuration config) +50
WURFL.WURFLManagerBuilder.BuildFrom(Configuration configuration) +78
WURFL.WURFLManagerBuilder.Build(IWURFLConfigurer configurer) +17
Bridgeline.iAppsCMSAPI.Web.GlobalAsaxModule.LoadWURFL() +430
Bridgeline.iAppsCMSAPI.Web.GlobalAsaxModule.Init(HttpApplication httpApplication) +792
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +418
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9969128
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.36480

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: pny.com - SystemOutOfMemoryException - on Linux

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-08, 02:16

This is a server error, not a browser error.
The error information will only be useful to the people who wrote the website; I suggest you report it to them.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: pny.com - SystemOutOfMemoryException - on Linux

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-07-08, 03:40

@ Torrey

I clicked on your link to PNY and it took a little time, maybe 5-7 seconds, but I was able to get to the PNY site. The page rendered properly. And all the buttons worked.

I am using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.6.0.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce. The only addons/extensions I'm using at the time of this posting are NoSquint and uBlock Origin. The site sees my user agent mode as Firefox Compatibility. I also have Hardware Acceleration turned off.

I have 16 GB of memory in this desktop tower computer which was built back in the year 2010. It also has an Intel i7 processor with a processor speed of (2.80). The graphics card has been replaced and it is now an AMD Radeon HD 64560.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox