Why XPCOM error in 64-bit build?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
[TMac]

Why XPCOM error in 64-bit build?

Unread post by [TMac] » 2019-07-07, 00:45

I enlisted and built the code today. The builds appeared to go well, but after several hours of struggling to get past something like "Cannot find xpcom", I clobbered, switched to 32-bit and built and ran that fine.

I do almost everything in 64-bit. I'm writing this in Pale Moon 28.6.0.1 64-bit. The built 32-bit is "New Moon" (cute!) 28.7.0a1 32-bit. Any thoughts on why a local-built 32-bit runs while 64-bit fails on the XPCOM loading?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Why XPCOM error in 64-bit build?

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-07-07, 01:32

Are you working on Windows?
Works fine on my 64bit Linux.
Make sure you are following the instructions for your system.

[TMac]

Unread post by [TMac] » 2019-07-07, 02:46

Yes, Windows. Followed the directions precisely (and updated one bit), and, as I said, got it running in 32-bit. Just wondering why that works and 64 fails.

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2019-07-07, 15:17

check ucrt dlls it must also be x64