Broken javascript graphs rendering

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
elcrys

Broken javascript graphs rendering

Unread post by elcrys » 2019-07-06, 13:24

Hello, I have recently switched over to Linux (Ubuntu MATE 19.04) and I use Pale Moon (28.6.0.1) as I was using it under Windows. However, I encountered a problem with broken javascript graphs on this page:
https://pctuning.tyden.cz/hardware/graficke-karty/57355-test-novych-geforce-rtx-2070-super-a-rtx-2060-super?start=25

If you visit this link for the first time, everything seems to be OK, but if you do the refresh (F5), graphs will break and they stay that way until the end of the session (I have Pale Moon set for cleaning the temporary data upon exit). I tested this under Windows (the same version of Pale Moon) and the problem is not there. Any help would be appreciated.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Broken javascript graphs rendering

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-07-06, 14:42

I see the same on my Mint 19.1 system. Using CTRL+F5 to bypass the cache while refreshing the page seems to work around the issue.

There are some errors in the javascript console, but I don't know if they have anything to do with this.

Code: Select all

Content Security Policy: Directive ‘child-src’ has been deprecated. Please use directive ‘worker-src’ to control workers, or directive ‘frame-src’ to control frames respectively.  
(unknown)
ReferenceError: Class is not defined[Learn More]  
caption.js:21:5
ReferenceError: _satellite is not defined[Learn More]  
57355-test-novych-geforce-rtx-2070-super-a-rtx-2060-super:936:1
SessionStore: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIObjectOutputStream.writeCompoundObject]"  nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm :: ssi_serializeHistoryEntry :: line 2095"  data: no]
unreachable code after return statement[Learn More]  
graph.js:470:2
SessionStore: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIObjectOutputStream.writeCompoundObject]"  nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm :: ssi_serializeHistoryEntry :: line 2095"  data: no]
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

elcrys

Re: Broken javascript graphs rendering

Unread post by elcrys » 2019-07-06, 14:59

I suspected that it has something to do with the caching, otherwise it would not work after restart. Clearing only cookies did not help. In console it shows similar errors under Windows, but rendering there remains intact. Thanks for confirmation and the CTRL+F5 trick - I did not know about this.