Slider Bars with arrows not visible on 28.4.1

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
cosmo666

Slider Bars with arrows not visible on 28.4.1

Unread post by cosmo666 » 2019-07-04, 06:05

Follow-up...

Although I'm not sure which XUbuntu XFCE Settings parameter I changed that fixed this problem, it got fixed. Bottom-line: not related to Palemoon or any of its current themes.

On my 28.3.1 PaleMoon (Ubuntu 16.04) desktop, I have vertical and horizontal slider bars on the right side and bottom of the main browser page. On the right side, I have tree-style tabs. At the top and bottom of the slider bars there are small up/down arrow icons, which I routinely use when slowly scrolling through and reading a page. I like the fact that each click moves the page a relatively short distance down, so I'm not having to adjust it when the slider bar overshoots.

Right next to that workstation, I have a very similar one, but it happens to have Palemoon 28.4.1 installed. On that one, there are no up/down arrows on the scroll bar.

I went through and made sure they were each configured identically. All the same add-ons, and using the Moonola theme. However, the second machine is using Moonola 1.10.0 and the first is using Moonola 1.8.0.

I've pored over the about:config list, but I really don't even know what the correct way of describing this 'feature'. 'Manual mouse-clickable up/down scroll icons'?
I realize its a trivial bug, but slider bars are very imprecise. It may be a simple matter of knowing which config parameter to set/reset. Any help appreciated.
Last edited by cosmo666 on 2019-07-04, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Slider Bars with arrows not visible on 28.4.1

Unread post by therube » 2019-07-04, 11:31

Screenshots?

These 28.3/4.1, are they the (Pale Moon) "unstable" releases, or are these specific to a Linux distro?

(Backup first.)

As a test, make a copy your non-working Profile, then open that in 28.3.1.
Does that work as expected?

(Make your copy & test in a "safe" manner, whatever works for you.)