AT&T Email Login May Require Useragent Override

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
pshipwrite
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

AT&T Email Login May Require Useragent Override

Unread post by pshipwrite » 2019-06-27, 18:03

I use AT&T email (domain of att.net), and found this week I need to use a useragent override to login successfully. Previously, I did not. The override I used was Preference Name general.useragent.override.loginprodx.att.net with a string value of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.103 Safari/537.36 OPR/60.0.3255.151 My alternate browser is Opera and I used its useragent string.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: AT&T Email Login May Require Useragent Override

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-06-27, 22:19

I have no problem logging into ATT. I am in Firefox compatibility mode.

EDIT: I should mention that I am at a friends house and logged into his ATT account using PM portable 28.5.2.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

pshipwrite
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: AT&T Email Login May Require Useragent Override

Unread post by pshipwrite » 2019-06-28, 00:28

Thanks for the reply, billmcct. I, too, am in Firefox Compatibility mode. I believe that is the default Compatibility mode. I am still trying to nail down the cause of the problem. I used the Opera/Chrome UA override since AT&T support always suggests using Google Chrome first if a user has problems logging into email.

If I figure out the root problem, I will post it. Thanks again for your reply!