Problem with German (Deutsche) Telekom VideoIdent

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Problem with German (Deutsche) Telekom VideoIdent

Unread post by JoeyG » 2019-06-23, 11:34

I bought a Deutche Telekom prepaid SIM card for my tablet. It has to be activated. The online activation process uses a tool called "Video-Ident".

I'm assuming it's this service: https://www.idnow.io/products/video-verification/

In any case, I wasn't able to do it. I'm not quite sure, though, where the problem - in the Video-Ident itself or in the programming of the Telekom website. In any case, the problem occurred both with PM and Basilisk.

First of all, I'm using Win 7 Pro x64 with all the latest updates and the latest versions of the browsers. I also had my webcam plugged in and checked it was working. Also, I turned off the various ad and script blockers that I use. I confess, though, that I didn't try it with a new profile.

This is the site in question (though I was using the German version):
https://www.telekom.de/unterwegs/en/tar ... ktivierung

By the way, the service is only open Mon-Sat from 7am till 11pm (local time in Germany).

So what happened?

I was able to enter all the data in the pages as requested and got to the stage where it says "Begin the Video-Ident process". I then clicked the button to proceed.

A pop-up opened containing text at the top that said, "Let's get started" or something similar.

It's at this point the problem occurred: For a second or two, I was able to see some text ("Please enter your name in the box" or something similar) and the box in which I was supposed to enter my name. There was also a check box to verify that I'm me or whatever.

After one or two seconds, though, the text disappeared, and it was, of course, impossible to proceed.
--------------------------
My question is whether anyone has successfully used the "Video-Ident" process with PM or Basilisk.

Thanks.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version