Bookmarks change?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
3f40ccd861

Bookmarks change?

Unread post by 3f40ccd861 » 2019-06-20, 01:26

After the latest update (to 28.5.2, Windows), my bookmarks have changed to Firefox style. Pale Moon bookmarks were one of the things I liked best compared to other browsers.

Is there any option (I couldn't find one) to switch back to the old side bar style bookmarks? I'm finding the Firefox style cumbersome to use.

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Bookmarks change?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-20, 10:13

The bookmarks sidebar has not changed.
Ctrl-B opens and closes it (or the View->Sidebar->Bookmarks option in the classic menu)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

3f40ccd861

Re: Bookmarks change?

Unread post by 3f40ccd861 » 2019-06-21, 00:58

Thanks! This is such a relief.

It used to be that clicking on "bookmarks" would open the bookmarks sidebar. Now it opens drop down over the current window. But ctrl+b opens the sidebar as normal.

Selecting view -> Sidebar -> Bookmarks also opens the bookmarks sidebar. But next time I click on "Bookmarks" in the menu bar, I get the dropdown bookmarks again.

I can learn to use ctrl+b every time if that's what I need to do. It's a relief to see the bookmarks sidebar again!

Thanks so much for Palemoon. It pains me to use anything else.