Reiwa era in Japan

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
john_doe-+_[]

Reiwa era in Japan

Unread post by john_doe-+_[] » 2019-06-15, 09:37

Hi

Pale moon does not seem to know Reiwa era in Japan.
Heisei era ended on April 30, and Reiwa era started.

Firefox woThanks.rks, but pale moon doesn't. please fix it.

Thanks.
heisei_reiwa.js
Japanese era "Heisei" and "Reiwa"
(272 Bytes) Downloaded 33 times

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Reiwa era in Japan

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-15, 10:20

Should be easy enough to add.
Tracking in Issue #1135 (UXP).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

john_doe-+_[]

Unread post by john_doe-+_[] » 2019-06-18, 02:14

Hi!

I googled
"pale" "moon" "icu" "python"
but I cannot find how to fixit.

Would you mind telling me how to build the environment for rebuilding the data files?
Now I use Windows8.1 64bit, and I know how to install python(I don't know what version is neccesary for this)

Thanks.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-06-18, 09:07

The fix will be in Pale Moon 28.6.0 which should release sometime in July.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-18, 12:35

john_doe-+_[] wrote:
2019-06-18, 02:14
Would you mind telling me how to build the environment for rebuilding the data files?
Getting this done was actually quite the rabbit hole.
It requires a regexp-enabled version of grep (which the MozillaBuild tools don't have) and it requires the ICU suite to be built to have access to icupkg (and in "good" GNU fashion, of course windows binaries are not available online). After that's satisfied, it is done by using the various scripts in the source tree to rebuild the data files from the .txt definitions.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

john_doe-+_[]

Unread post by john_doe-+_[] » 2019-06-19, 08:13

Hi!

Of cource, installing a linux distro might be a choice,
but it's better for me to wait until July.

I appreciate your kindness!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-19, 10:24

john_doe-+_[] wrote:
2019-06-19, 08:13
Of cource, installing a linux distro might be a choice,
Yes, it would solve the grep issue (which was worked around with gitbash anyway). It would -still- require the ICU suite to be built from source though (and in the case of linux probably installed as well, which I probably wouldn't want) so the rabbithole is about the same, regardless. And I'd rather not have to install linux just to run some update scripts for data files, anyway.