Change min-width for menu button break New Tab button align

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
SGvagon

Change min-width for menu button break New Tab button align

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-06-02, 17:01

Hello,

I really don't know from what version I have this problem, but when I open new Palemoon window, New Tab button is not next to the tab/s (it still on the right side) .

I found a problem. I am using min-width parameter in UserChrome.css for #appmenu-button and this breaking the New Tab button (moving on the right side) .

Here is the code

Code: Select all

#appmenu-button {
  padding-left: 2px !important;
  padding-right: 2px !important;
  min-width: 14px !important;
}
If I delete min-width , the New Tab button is correctly next to the tabs.

But the Menu button is too wide for me. Is it possible to fix this “issue“ ? Thank you in advance.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Change min-width for menu button break New Tab button align

Unread post by jars_ » 2019-06-02, 18:35

I think in your case this is due to the established theme of browzer, not PaleMoon issue.
what browser theme are you using?
SfMBE

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-06-02, 18:43

I tried safe mode and clean PM portable too. Only thing, what is doing this issue, when I set min-width for #appmenu-button . I think, that this works in earlier versions of Palemoon.

And I am using IE6 theme, which changing only some icons, but as I said, I am try clean profile and after edit UserChrome.css file New Tab button not next to the tabs again.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-06-03, 11:41

Hm, I must have damaged my PM profile. Now I try put my UserChrome.css file to clean Palemoon and it works. If I delete prefs file from my profile, that strange thing is still here.
So, I will maybe must make totally new PM profile and testing, testing, ...

EDIT: Ok I start with randomly deleting files from my profile, and this maybe works. When I open New PM window, I have New Tab button next to the tabs. Well, this profile, what I have, is very old. Maybe it was some bug from earlier Palemoon (25-26-27, ... ) .