seroll speed, how to reduce

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lew Rockwell Fan

seroll speed, how to reduce

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2019-05-30, 07:26

Any suggestions on how I can turn down the number of pixels or lines scrolled when I use the scroll wheel? There's eleventy-seven settings with "scroll" in the name in about:config & I tried lowering values on all the integral ones that looked plausible, but it didn't change.

biopsin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: seroll speed, how to reduce

Unread post by biopsin » 2019-05-30, 08:09

about:config -> mousewheel.min_line_scroll_amount :coffee:
voidlinux_x64 glibc-2.78 / selfcompiled latest Palemoon (gcc-13.2.0) / GTK2

Lew Rockwell Fan

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2019-06-15, 16:51

Thanks, but I already set that to 1. It doesn't help. Maybe I should create an item for "max" instead of "min"?

Al6bus
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Al6bus » 2019-06-15, 17:05

2019-06-15_200059.jpg
Windows 7 Pro x64 - Pale Moon x64
We hope for multiprocessing

Lew Rockwell Fan

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2019-06-26, 01:11

Thanks. Those are the settings I have. So, unless you are suggesting they need to be changed, that doesn't seem germane. Since they are all "duration" settings I assume they affect how fast the response is. That isn't the issue. Perhaps I could have been clearer. I want to reduce the linear distance the content moves in response to each increment of scroll movement. On this page where I'm typing this for example, one notch of scroll wheel movement, moves the view 3 1/2 lines of text. One press of the up arrow key though, moves it exactly one line of text. Ideally, with text, I want it to move 1 line of text. I'd imagine the setting, if there is one, would be in pixels, rather than lines of text. Whichever, I want to make it lower.

Galaxy
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Galaxy » 2019-06-26, 02:44

Have you tried changing mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_y in about:config? The default is 100. Try a much lower setting and see if it makes a difference. You can change this setting and experiment with scrolling in a different tab until you find a setting that you like.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2019-06-29, 04:28

Bingo. Thanks. That does it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-29, 13:58

I should probably add that parameter to the preferences.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite