YouTube is mobile now? [Solved]

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

YouTube is mobile now? [Solved]

Unread post by Daikun » 2019-05-28, 22:21

For some reason, every time I visit YouTube on PM, it automatically directs me to the mobile site.

It seems to be an isolated problem for me, since I tried it on another desktop and YouTube was normal. :wtf:

Is there any way to revert YouTube back to the desktop site?

P.S. I tried running in safe mode. That didn't help.
Last edited by Daikun on 2019-05-29, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: YouTube is mobile now?

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-05-28, 22:43

I'm not seeing this happen with any of my installations of Pale Moon, so I would agree that it's limited to your one system.

Need more info:
What version of Pale Moon are you running?
What compatibility mode (Firefox/Gecko/Native) do you have it set for?
Have you modified any of the default youtube.com or Google-related UA overrides in about:config?

Perhaps comparing all of those (plus installed extensions) between the Pale Moon that works and the one that doesn't will help you identify the culprit.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: YouTube is mobile now?

Unread post by Daikun » 2019-05-28, 23:34

Nigaikaze wrote:
2019-05-28, 22:43
What version of Pale Moon are you running?
Latest version. (28.5.0, 64-bit)
What compatibility mode (Firefox/Gecko/Native) do you have it set for?
I'm not sure. :| How can I tell?
EDIT: Never mind. I just found it. It's set to Firefox.
Have you modified any of the default youtube.com or Google-related UA overrides in about:config?
No. It's set to the current default.
Perhaps comparing all of those (plus installed extensions) between the Pale Moon that works and the one that doesn't will help you identify the culprit.
They're both identical.

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: YouTube is mobile now? [Solved]

Unread post by Daikun » 2019-05-29, 00:38

Okay, after a bit of tinkering, I solved my problem. :mrgreen: Turns out the permissions were the culprit.

I go into the Permissions Manager, select m.youtube.com, and click "Forget About This Site." Now it's back to normal.