Videos on Facebook not working

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Videos on Facebook not working

Unread post by Sajadi » 2019-05-19, 20:46

No problem with latest unstable. Facebook videos work flawless.

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2019-05-19, 21:05

Sajadi wrote:
2019-05-19, 20:46
No problem with latest unstable. Facebook videos work flawless.
No. Still doesn't work for me.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2019-05-19, 21:07

back2themoon wrote:
2019-05-19, 20:30
Also try Preferences/Content/Video/Enable Media Source Extensions (set to off and refresh page). If this works, you can install HTML5 Media Tuner which allows toggling this on a per-site basis (=enabled everywhere, except Facebook for example).
Great! It helped. Thank you.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-05-20, 16:04

back2themoon wrote:
2019-05-19, 20:30
Also try Preferences/Content/Video/Enable Media Source Extensions (set to off and refresh page). If this works, you can install HTML5 Media Tuner which allows toggling this on a per-site basis (=enabled everywhere, except Facebook for example).
When I arrived home from works I also will try this. But if this helps, the problem is in Palemoon MSE, well (without MSE, videos on Facebook run only with CPU, not HW acceleration) ? And needs to be repair.
And also will try the latest unstable. And then reply results.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-05-20, 21:05

Ok, without MSE, videos on FB works. I can't choose Full HD quality (only SD and HD) , but works. So the problem is maybe in the Palemoon MSE?
Palemoon Unstable not working too.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-05-25, 02:45

Ok, I definitely think, that this problem is in my FB account and Palemoon. Because I tried log in on my friends laptop (on his account, videos on FB works perfectly, even on my Palemoon too) and I had infinite loading again :crazy: .
BUT, this issue I have only in Palemoon (on every machine) . Other browsers (Chrome and Firefox) works with my FB account.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-05-28, 16:42

Ok, from today, FB videos works :-/ . And I didn't anything.

PaleGreg

Unread post by PaleGreg » 2019-06-21, 23:37

I'd be happy to have videos on fb not load. For some months, video ads in fb, which hit the scrolled-into-view portion of the screen running, always cause PM to crash. Win 7.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-22, 00:34

If you have a consistent crash, please send us a crash (mini)dump. Please check the forum's how-to section for the guide how to create a dump and send it to us.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-07-15, 15:18

Facebook try new features again :eh: ? When I click on Play again button on any facebook video (it shows after watching videos) , my CPU imidiatelly goes up to 99-100% and video on FB lagging as hell. I must click on pause and play, then videos play correctly again. Or when I move video on timeline back or forward (only fHD videos, same issue with CPU and videos are 2 times faster without sound.
Really, really strange issue, the only solution is pause and play video again :crazy: .