Up the learning curve

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

gmaslin

Re: Up the learning curve

Unread post by gmaslin » 2019-05-09, 18:44

Thanks guys, I'm starting to get the hang of this browser and I like it. It's a bit slower on my multiprocessor machines and its fingerprint is larger but maybe we can address that in this thread.

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Falna » 2019-05-09, 18:50

vannilla wrote:
2019-05-09, 15:13
gmaslin wrote:
2019-05-09, 15:02
What is the most favored set of extensions for Palemoon users and what is the rationale for their use?
Install what you need.
If you don't need extensions, don't install them. Not everyone uses the browser the same way after all.
Agreed - take a look through those available and road test those that appear useful to you.

Personally I'm a very heavy web user, sometimes for web site design and testing, so I've accumulated and use a very large number of extensions - but only because I find them helpful. The only one I really couldn't imagine being without is Tab Utilities Phoenix as I've been using vertical tabs since about 2002 - but most people seem to find regular horizontal tabs perfectly fine.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

gmaslin

Unread post by gmaslin » 2019-05-15, 18:27

My addons would focus on privacy and convenience. I believe I've installed Decentraleyes, Privacy Badger, Cookie Exterminator and uBlock but the only extension showing up on the menu bar is uBlock. Is this normal?

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-05-15, 19:05

Is there a "favoured set of extensions"? The ones I like are based on privacy and security, control, convenience, information. Back when I was using Firefox, I used to see lists of extensions posted by different people. If I looked at two lists, and compared them with mine, thee would be very little in common among them, the only exception being the ad-blocker.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-05-15, 20:38

Goodydino wrote:
2019-05-15, 19:05
Is there a "favoured set of extensions"?
The problem with any kind of "favored set" is that, as you've already noted, everyone's favorites will be different based on everyone's different needs and different preferences. And The Powers That Be will not produce any kind of "official" favored set because they are doing their best to eliminate any and all kinds of favoritism and/or bias in relation to extensions published on the PM addons site.

In my own case, I run with a minimal number of extensions -- an ad-blocker, Pale Moon Commander, and another handful that provide various conveniences to me. That's it.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2019-05-15, 21:07

gmaslin wrote:
2019-05-15, 18:27
the only extension showing up on the menu bar is uBlock. Is this normal?
In some cases, you'll have to add the extension icons to your menu bar manually.
If you right-click somewhere on the menu bar, and choose "Customize", then you'll be able to move, add or remove objects, simply by dragging them into place.

gmaslin

Unread post by gmaslin » 2019-05-16, 16:03

I've sorted some of it out. See here.