Tabs in titlebar

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
itsthisthreadagain

Tabs in titlebar

Unread post by itsthisthreadagain » 2019-05-11, 06:40

Is there any current working way to get tabs in my titlebar? The applicable old ff addons all seem to have been nuked. Tried installed htitle from github, no dice (expected). I set tabs in titlebar in about:config but it does nothing, same for userchrome.css. Nothing I've tried fixing. I had it working before with said old ff addons (htitle + hide caption titlebar plus + something else) but it was half broken (fine for me) but now those addons are AWOL.
I'm using MX Linux 18 with Xfce4, PM28.5.
Thanks

karlkracher
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Tabs in titlebar

Unread post by karlkracher » 2019-05-11, 14:06

Same here. I even copied a profile from windows with working tabs in titlebar without success.

Xubuntu lts 18.04.2 32bit, xfce 4.12, pale moon 28.5.0

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-11, 14:08

I'm not sure if it is possible on Linux to do that.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-05-11, 14:40

It's technically possible, in GTK3 (which AFAIK Pale Moon builds do not use) - though it requires extensive work on the platform to enable it, using Client-Side Decorations. This was released as part of Firefox 60, originally tracked on bug #513159 and ultimately worked on in meta-issue bug #1283299. I'm not much of a fan personally, but the information is out there at least. ;)

Also, even without the above work, it should still be possible for window managers to remove the titlebar when the window is maximised. Maybe this will be a sufficient workaround for you. :thumbup:

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2019-05-13, 18:33

It is not possible on Linux without using an extension.

You can get a working version of the Hide Caption Titlebar Plus extension from the Classic Add-ons Archive.