Gmail log in issue

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
mades

Gmail log in issue

Unread post by mades » 2019-05-10, 07:40

For some reason, gmail does not allow to log in (I can with FF or Chrome though). It basically has this message:
"Your browser has cookies disabled. Make sure that your cookies are enabled and try again."

Cookies are enabled and I have cleared all gmail cookies/cache, as well as restarted in safe mode. It randomly happened today (I wasn't having this issue before). Since I can log into this forum, I know that the cookies, are of course, enabled. It seems there was an update recently with Palemoon, so I am not sure if this may be the cause(?) I haven't logged into gmail through Palemoon for a while - roughly since the update - so the issue may be something with the update, as I did not have this issue before.

However, assuming there is no issue with Palemoon, any ideas what I can try, otherwise?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Gmail log in issue

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-05-10, 10:38

When the Excite site changed to it's new modern format, it wasn't supposed to affect my Excite email account. But it did and I could no longer get to my Excite email account. So I created a new Gmail email account and after reading your post, I decided to see if I could login to my new Gmail account. I can log in and log out without any problems using either windows or linux Pale Moon (28.5.0).

Have your tried Safe Mode or created a new Profile to log in to your Gmail account?

On a sidenote, the Excite site fixed all of their Excite email accounts for all of their users so I can now access my Excite email account again.
Last edited by Night Wing on 2019-05-10, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

mades

Re: Gmail log in issue

Unread post by mades » 2019-05-10, 17:07

Yes, I had restarted in safemode. I guess Palemoon screwed up the profile or maybe the about:config page (not sure). I re-installed everything after creating a new profile as you suggested, and it is now working correctly.