Pale Moon 28.5.0 issue - unresponsive Preferences window

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
groucho

Pale Moon 28.5.0 issue - unresponsive Preferences window

Unread post by groucho » 2019-05-06, 15:48

Hello:

After years of using it, both in MS OSs and later in Linux (Devuan) I got fed up with Mozilla Firefox and decided to switch to Pale Moon.
The people at Devuan who have used it for years now recommend it enthusiastically.

So I have installed it in my Sun Ultra 24 workstation and now doing it now in my Asus 1000HE.
It's an Atom N280@166/2Gb RAM and Devuan ASCII runs perfectly well on it.
The latest Mozilla Firefox was a bit slow but it worked suitably enough.

Code: Select all

groucho@devuan:~$ uname -a
Linux devuan 4.9.0-9-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1 (2019-04-12) i686 GNU/Linux
groucho@devuan:~$ 
Both machines use the default Devuan ASCII XFCE desktop.

I downloaded the 28.5.0 mainline binary from http://linux.palemoon.org/download/mainline/, unpacked it and ran the executable to set it up as I want it, just like I did in my workstation.

But I have run into an issue when doing this:

When I open Tools --> Preferences, any action on any of the tabs (General, Tabs, Content, etc.) or check boxes in the Preferences window is totally unresponsive.

This happens with both the Bluetooth mouse and the touchpad (whether I tap or use a button).

Curiously enough, I can use the mouse/touchpad pointer to close the window.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

G.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Pale Moon 28.5.0 issue - unresponsive Preferences window

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-05-06, 16:11

groucho wrote:
2019-05-06, 15:48
the Preferences window is totally unresponsive
This has been discussed, with solutions. Take a read through this thread.