PM suddenly refuses a theme I had been using for years

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
LMLMLM

PM suddenly refuses a theme I had been using for years

Unread post by LMLMLM » 2019-05-05, 06:14

I had been using LittleMoon by Lootyhoof for years literally.

Today, I launched Palemoon and found to my horror that both Pentadactyl and LittleMoon had been removed. I checked the version and saw that Pale Moon had been upgraded behind my back. I always leave automatic upgrades disabled, but it was upgraded notwithstanding. I HAVE SEEN THAT HAPPEN BEFORE.

Now I have downloaded many older versions and all of them refuse LittleMoon saying that it is not compatible. Which is bollocks. I was using it until yesterday. It worked fine and dandy.

LittleMoon's page says it is compatible with Pale Moon 28.0 to 28.* but none of the old 28.0 to 28.* will let me use LittleMoon. So it seems obvious to me that the darned upgrade flipped some kind of evil switch in my profile that tells Palemoon to refuse LittleMoon no matter what version I am running.

How do I turn that off? It's the only theme that I am willing to accept. I find all the others absolutely punch-in-the-face hideous, especially the default one.

*Note: Pentadactly has been restored.

Thehandyman1957

Re: PM suddenly refuses a theme I had been using for years

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2019-05-05, 20:52

Perhaps this is a Linux related issue?
I have W7 with the latest PM64bit and it installs for me without issue. :think:
Screenshot - 5_5_2019 , 1_48_55 PM.png

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-05-05, 21:12

Off-topic:
Apparently I'm the only one liking the default GTK2 theme. :lol:
But then again my setup barely has any visual elements, so the "old school" appearance blends in pretty well.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2019-05-09, 18:22

vannilla wrote:
2019-05-05, 21:12
Off-topic:
Apparently I'm the only one liking the default GTK2 theme. :lol:
But then again my setup barely has any visual elements, so the "old school" appearance blends in pretty well.
Off-topic:
You are not the only one!
While I don't have particular liking to it, it does the job well. I always use the default theme now.