Themes

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
amicus

Themes

Unread post by amicus » 2019-05-02, 16:08

Whenever I go to the Palemoon website to downloaded a theme, I get the same message "This add-on could not be downloaded because its origin could not be verified". Why do I keep getting this message?

Appreciate any help. Thank you

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Themes

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-02, 17:52

Don't middle click or open the link in a new tab or window. A security measure is in place as of Pale Moon 27 so that javascript and such can't initiate an install of an xpi file without same-tab direct interaction.

amicus

Unread post by amicus » 2019-05-03, 12:09

So my next question is, are there any themes similar to Camimoon for PM version 28.5(64 bit) because the default theme for PM is absolutely terrible.

Desperate :(

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-03, 12:26

amicus wrote:
2019-05-03, 12:09
the default theme for PM is absolutely terrible.
Thank you for trashing my work. :cry:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-05-03, 12:53

amicus wrote:
So my next question is, are there any themes similar to Camimoon for PM version 28.5(64 bit)
Have you tried...Camimoon? It shouldn't be broken (and if it is, I'd like to know about it).

Alternatively, you do have many choices available.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-05-03, 12:56

amicus wrote:
You know.. I am not a fan of the Default Theme in Pale Moon either but you don't need be like that especially when we have so many great themes you could happily use without trashing it the Default so blatantly.

Axatax

Unread post by Axatax » 2019-05-03, 14:56

amicus wrote:
The default Palemoon theme, at least on my system, uses the system GTK+ theme. What am I missing??

amicus

Unread post by amicus » 2019-05-04, 13:34

Axatax wrote:
2019-05-03, 14:56
amicus wrote:
The default Palemoon theme, at least on my system, uses the system GTK+ theme. What am I missing??
I'm sorry if everyone is so upset about my feelings about the default theme but it's small and looks greyed out to others I've seen and yes, I don't like it. Is everyone suggesting that one can't express negative comments about this theme without being considered completely out of bounds?.

Every time I try to download one of the themes from PM moon, I always get this message "This add-on could not be downloaded because its origin could not be verified". As far as I can tell it might have to do with, and I can only speculate here, Is an extension listed as .XPI. But I'm not particularly computer savvy.

Regardless of all comments expressed, I respect everyone's opinion.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2019-05-04, 14:04

Expressing your opinion and dislike is fine but you sounded very harsh. Saying that the theme is just terrible is disrespectful to the creator of the work. Instead you could say things like - theme is too bland for my taste, has tiny fonts, looks dull, had bad icons, is grayish, etc etc...

Tobin already told you not to middle-click the "Install" button. Just left click (assuming you didn't change your mouse buttons) the link and theme should start downloading in a few seconds. If you still have issues with downloading themes, please come back with more details.

Axatax

Unread post by Axatax » 2019-05-04, 18:27

amicus wrote:
2019-05-04, 13:34
Axatax wrote:
2019-05-03, 14:56
amicus wrote:
I'm sorry if everyone is so upset about my feelings about the default theme but it's small and looks greyed out to others I've seen and yes, I don't like it. Is everyone suggesting that one can't express negative comments about this theme without being considered completely out of bounds?.

Every time I try to download one of the themes from PM moon, I always get this message "This add-on could not be downloaded because its origin could not be verified". As far as I can tell it might have to do with, and I can only speculate here, Is an extension listed as .XPI. But I'm not particularly computer savvy.

Regardless of all comments expressed, I respect everyone's opinion.
What I was trying to say, is that PM uses the GTK+ theme by default. If it's ugly, you might be using the default GTK+ 2 theme. On a new-ish distro, your GTK 3 theme might not even have an accompanying GTK 2 theme, or the GUI tools aren't writing out a GTK 2 configuration file.