Google Czech tab popping spree

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Google Czech tab popping spree

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2019-05-01, 02:48

https://www.csfd.cz/film/8487-bila-vrana/prehled/

It opens normally, but when I try and open it with Google Translate, multiple tabs are rapidly spawned in full automatic mode, only way out is to close the whole browser and click close multiple tabs, because they open so fast. It's not a mission critical site for me, just something I came across that gave unexpected results.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Google Czech tab popping spree

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-01, 15:59

We can't do anything on the browser side about bad interaction between two page structures.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2019-05-02, 02:24

OK, thanks, I sent a message to the CFSD website, it was easier finding and using the contact form in Czech than finding contact details for Google translate. :) It won't translate with Yandex Translate either, although that does not open tabs. Perhaps it's secret and only intended for Czech speakers...

Nightbird
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Nightbird » 2019-05-02, 12:32

And if you prevent the site from opening a pop-up window ?
Diversity is key.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2019-05-02, 19:16

It works! (But not in Yandex Translate, which still just does nothing.)
Now I can see that this 1938 Czech White Crow film is not related to the film The White Crow, the story of Rudolf Nureyev's defection to the West. I suppose it wouldn't be as he didn't defect until 1961, having just checked that date. :D

Thank you for the suggestion.