YouTube video UI flickering (a minor but persistent issue)

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

YouTube video UI flickering (a minor but persistent issue)

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2019-03-05, 09:41

No one wants to hear complaints, but here comes another one. For the past 2 (at least, maybe 3) community builds of OSX PaleMoon, YouTube UI (video progress bar, pause button, adverts) have been flickering when I keep the cursor on them for more than a second. The video itself also flickers at the top, becoming see-through there under the top of the page that is supposed to overlap it.

I can live with this, but wanted to know if anyone else has this, and whether it is fixable in the future.

P.S. Waterfox does not have this.

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: YouTube video UI flickering (a minor but persistent issue)

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2019-03-05, 23:47

Actually got myself OBS to give you proof you can SEE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XdQf1Bb3nA

wicknix
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wicknix » 2019-03-13, 04:39

Never seen that before. Have you tried enabling/disabling hardware acceleration in preferences? One or the other other might clear it up.

Cheers
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-03-13, 20:55

I see flickering in that video as well, but I have not seen such a thing in other videos.

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2019-03-14, 22:43

This is YouTube-specific.

AND it seems enabling hardware acceleration fixed it. The flickering normally appeared after a video was open for some time, or at least a few minutes. But now it is gone completely. I previously disabled acceleration, in hopes of lightening the CPU load.