Problem displaying numbers and letters

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

User avatar
Ghani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2019-02-08, 19:04

Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Ghani » 2019-02-08, 19:19

I have a pale moon browser installed in linux mint 19.1 xfce. The numbers in some places in Youtube do not show well and also the characters in some places like translation .. Is there a solution for this? (sorry for my English) :D :D :D :D
Attachments
455.png
456.png

User avatar
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 3953
Joined: 2011-10-03, 10:19
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-02-08, 20:22

Do you have a link that goes with the two screenshot photos you posted? The reason I'm asking. I need the link to see if I get the same result as you do since I use 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.3.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce.
Linux Mint 19.2 (Tina) Xfce 64 Bit (Default Distribution OS) with 64 Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 Home Premium & Ultimate SP1, 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32 Bit windows Pale Moon

User avatar
Ghani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2019-02-08, 19:04

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Ghani » 2019-02-08, 21:23

Night Wing wrote:Do you have a link that goes with the two screenshot photos you posted? The reason I'm asking. I need the link to see if I get the same result as you do since I use 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.3.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce.
This happens in any YouTube video and in the translation page

User avatar
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 3953
Joined: 2011-10-03, 10:19
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-02-08, 21:34

On the Google Translate page, the numbers and letters look normal on my end. You'll have to left click on the attachment to make it larger and once the picture is larger, left click on it again and it will enlarge one more time.
Attachments
PM Translate 800.png
Linux Mint 19.2 (Tina) Xfce 64 Bit (Default Distribution OS) with 64 Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 Home Premium & Ultimate SP1, 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32 Bit windows Pale Moon

User avatar
Ghani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2019-02-08, 19:04

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Ghani » 2019-02-09, 11:28

Night Wing wrote:On the Google Translate page, the numbers and letters look normal on my end. You'll have to left click on the attachment to make it larger and once the picture is larger, left click on it again and it will enlarge one more time.
Thank you for your reply.What you say is true but I mean this page
Attachments
457.png

User avatar
cowboy2019
New to the forum
New to the forum
Posts: 1
Joined: 2019-02-15, 17:02

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by cowboy2019 » 2019-02-15, 17:11

You are so funny with your Star Trek 64bit computers when most people have 32bit or they buy low processors on tablets and smartphones

By the way your browser doesn't even show captcha! It is on a 32 bit Linux Mint Sylvia. The feedback I am writing now is on 64bit Windows10

User avatar
Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior
Posts: 1072
Joined: 2014-02-02, 22:15
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-02-15, 17:19

cowboy2019 wrote:You are so funny with your Star Trek 64bit computers when most people have 32bit
Um ... no. Everyone I know who has computers has 64-bit systems.

And what does your post have to do with this particular topic, exactly?
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

User avatar
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 3953
Joined: 2011-10-03, 10:19
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-02-15, 19:16

Nigaikaze wrote:
cowboy2019 wrote:You are so funny with your Star Trek 64bit computers when most people have 32bit
Um ... no. Everyone I know who has computers has 64-bit systems.

And what does your post have to do with this particular topic, exactly?
Off-topic:
With his very first post, according to his post count as I type this, "cowboy" is just a troll trying to get under someone's skin by baiting them. Don't take the bait.
Linux Mint 19.2 (Tina) Xfce 64 Bit (Default Distribution OS) with 64 Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 Home Premium & Ultimate SP1, 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32 Bit windows Pale Moon

User avatar
Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior
Posts: 1072
Joined: 2014-02-02, 22:15
Location: Chicago, IL, USA

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-02-15, 19:26

Off-topic:
Night Wing wrote:With his very first post, according to his post count as I type this, "cowboy" is just a troll
A sample size of 1 is not a good sample size for generalizations.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

User avatar
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 3953
Joined: 2011-10-03, 10:19
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-02-15, 20:25

Nigaikaze wrote:
Off-topic:
Night Wing wrote:With his very first post, according to his post count as I type this, "cowboy" is just a troll
A sample size of 1 is not a good sample size for generalizations.
Off-topic:
His tone, when I first read his initial post, says otherwise. After all; his use of the word, "You", in his first post in this topic thread didn't specify whether his post was directed to me or Ghani.
Linux Mint 19.2 (Tina) Xfce 64 Bit (Default Distribution OS) with 64 Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 Home Premium & Ultimate SP1, 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32 Bit windows Pale Moon

User avatar
moonbob69
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter
Posts: 34
Joined: 2019-02-06, 09:13

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by moonbob69 » 2019-02-16, 02:21

Back to topic. When I go to Google Translate, if the result is in certain non-roman character sets, it is also shown, "romanized", in gray in a smaller size. For instance, I do not have Chinese characters; main result is shown as rectangular-box-outline characters, with gray romanized version. For Russian, Hebrew, and Persian, the result is shown only once in full boldness. But for Tajik (same Cyrillic characters as Russian, I thought) and Arabic (same characters as Farsi/Persian?) I get a full-size, full-boldness result and also a smaller-size gray romanized text. So I think the screen example shown is gray (or some color with a problem) for that character set on purpose .

This might also have something to do with the font being used, haven't played with that.

Ghani, if you select View->Page Style->No Style in Palemoon, although the page layout will be messed up, do you see the text better?

User avatar
Ghani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2019-02-08, 19:04

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Ghani » 2019-02-19, 23:06

moonbob69 wrote:Back to topic. When I go to Google Translate, if the result is in certain non-roman character sets, it is also shown, "romanized", in gray in a smaller size. For instance, I do not have Chinese characters; main result is shown as rectangular-box-outline characters, with gray romanized version. For Russian, Hebrew, and Persian, the result is shown only once in full boldness. But for Tajik (same Cyrillic characters as Russian, I thought) and Arabic (same characters as Farsi/Persian?) I get a full-size, full-boldness result and also a smaller-size gray romanized text. So I think the screen example shown is gray (or some color with a problem) for that character set on purpose .

This might also have something to do with the font being used, haven't played with that.

Ghani, if you select View->Page Style->No Style in Palemoon, although the page layout will be messed up, do you see the text better?
He shows me this
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-02-20_00-03-23.png

User avatar
moonbob69
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter
Posts: 34
Joined: 2019-02-06, 09:13

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by moonbob69 » 2019-02-21, 21:56

....shows me this
I meant when you go to the translate page with the problem, with "no style" enabled.

User avatar
Ghani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2019-02-08, 19:04

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Ghani » 2019-03-03, 20:36

moonbob69 wrote:
....shows me this
I meant when you go to the translate page with the problem, with "no style" enabled.
Yes,I take this screenshot when "no style" enabled in the page with the problem
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-02-20_00-03-23.png
Screenshot_2019-02-20_00-03-23.png (53.78 KiB) Viewed 442 times

User avatar
moonbob69
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter
Posts: 34
Joined: 2019-02-06, 09:13

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by moonbob69 » 2019-03-06, 01:27

1. Leave Palemoon in normal view.
2. Go to a page where "the characters in some places like translation" are not shown well.
3. Then, select View from the menu, then change Page Style to No Style.
4. How are those characters shown now?

User avatar
Ghani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 2019-02-08, 19:04

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by Ghani » 2019-03-13, 17:52

moonbob69 wrote:1. Leave Palemoon in normal view.
2. Go to a page where "the characters in some places like translation" are not shown well.
3. Then, select View from the menu, then change Page Style to No Style.
4. How are those characters shown now?
My friend I've done what you asked me exactly and the result in the screenshot that I have attached.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-02-20_00-03-23.png
Screenshot_2019-02-20_00-03-23.png (53.78 KiB) Viewed 338 times

User avatar
moonbob69
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter
Posts: 34
Joined: 2019-02-06, 09:13

Re: Problem displaying numbers and letters

Unread post by moonbob69 » 2019-03-28, 00:51

My friend I've done what you asked me exactly and the result in the screenshot that I have attached.
Is that a screenshot from a page where you had the original problem? What is wrong with the font?

Post Reply