Hiding the navigation bar like in fullscreen mode

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Hiding the navigation bar like in fullscreen mode

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-11-30, 21:33

When entering fullscreen mode (e.g. by pressing F11), the navigation bar, with tabs, address bar, etc. can be hidden by removing focus from it.
I was wondering if there was a way to do something like that without entering fullscreen mode.
Maybe a preference I missed, or an extension.
My system setup is a bit special (Pale Moon is a standard build though!), and being able to hide just the navigation toolbar would further improve it for what I need.
Thank you.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Hiding the navigation bar like in fullscreen mode

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-30, 22:11

Write an extension that collapses the browser toolbox.. IF you aren't that concerned about the fancy sliding animation you could just add a splitter with a grippy to the UI via an overlay and then it should be one touch..

Doing the animation or a hover hotspot would be far more complicated..
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-11-30, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Hiding the navigation bar like in fullscreen mode

Unread post by vannilla » 2018-12-01, 11:08

So it can be done.
I don't really care about animations as long as I can hide it, so I'll give it a try with the simplest solution.
Thanks!