32-bit linux build bustage Master branch

Discussions about the development and maturation of the platform code (UXP).
Warning: may contain highly-technical topics.

Moderators: trava90, athenian200

Walter Dnes
Astronaut
Astronaut

32-bit linux build bustage Master branch

Unread post by Walter Dnes » 2018-11-15, 00:48

I normally run the Master branch on my machines, including a customized 32-bit version for a notebook running Puppy linux. The 64-bit custom build for my desktop built OK. I'm posting from it right now. I do the 32-bit build in a 32-bit CentOS 6.10 chroot. Last week, it built fine. Today, the build process dies with an error approximately 50 minutes into the build. I re-ran it with a standard "compliant" mozconfig, to make sure my tweaks weren't the problem. That dies too. The mozconfig contents are listed at the beginning of the attached log file. The error message in the log file appears to be...

Code: Select all

50:32.47
50:32.47 In the directory  /home/pmbuilder/pmmaster/std/pmbuild/dom/base
50:32.47 The following command failed to execute properly:
50:32.47 /opt/rh/devtoolset-7/root/usr/bin/g++ -std=gnu++11 ... (ridiculously long command line)
I checked, and the "ridiculously long command line" is 3386 bytes long!!! I wonder if that length breaks something in 32-bit mode. The gzipped build log is attached...
Attachments
buildlog.txt.gz
Log of failed 32-buit linux build
(50.59 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
There's a right way
There's a wrong way
And then there's my way

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: 32-bit linux build bustage Master branch

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-11-15, 00:58

Tip is busted.. Go one commit back.. We know.

Additionally, we do not provide support for building your self especially when it isn't at a release branch and tag. And tip can be busted at any time.. Your post is therefor pointless.

Go home Dnes.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-11-15, 01:01, edited 2 times in total.