facebook Like-popup issue

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

Gorlash

facebook Like-popup issue

Unread post by Gorlash » 2018-11-12, 00:13

I'm having a minor issue with facebook under Basilisk (2018.11.07).
I log on to facebook, everything is working fine, notifications, etc. However, if I hover my mouse over the Like label, that *should* pop up a box with several icon selections, but it doesn't. The link in lower-left corner shows https://www.facebook.com/# , whereas on other browsers (I've been using Pale Moon most recently) it works fine.

I'm using Noscript, but it doesn't have anything blocked on facebook. I also use F.B. Purity, but it doesn't interfere with that functionality, at least not on other browsers.

Does anyone know what is causing this issue??

mommabear
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: facebook Like-popup issue

Unread post by mommabear » 2018-11-12, 14:50

You might want to double check how you have set the fbpurity settings in the reactions section. I can't remember exactly, but there could be more than one setting to look at... and there's also a setting that says something like use text instead of the emoji when the site allows it. I'm kinda paraphrasing. Also FB is doing a lot of code changing and some of us are guinea pigs. Not everyone is experiencing the changes. Many have had to do with the "like" buttons problems.

FWIW too... Pale Moon is not officially supported by fbp. Go to their troubleshooting section and there are extra steps to remove left over settings when you are trying to clean install fbp or GM/Tapermonkey.
Windows 7 Home Premium, Sp 1
Pale Moon 28.4.1 64-bit

Gorlash

Unread post by Gorlash » 2018-11-12, 22:44

Okay, I will look at some of those things...

Interestingly, I've been previously using Pale Moon, and I did *not* have this issue on facebook !!
I'm having it on Basilisk, as well as on Cyberfox. I don't use the current Firefox because I *really* don't want to give up all of the themes and extensions that are the reason why I used it in the first place...

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-11-12, 22:52

I assume you are using the script version of FBP and not a browser (FF) extension?

Have you tried Safe Mode? Ad/content blockers often interfere with FB like this.

Gorlash

Unread post by Gorlash » 2018-11-13, 01:09

back2themoon wrote:I assume you are using the script version of FBP and not a browser (FF) extension?

Have you tried Safe Mode? Ad/content blockers often interfere with FB like this.
Well, I'm using the browser extension on Basilisk... I wasn't able to get the browser extension to work with Pale Moon, so I had to use Greasemonkey to load it there... I wonder if I should try that here as well??

That's what I'm going to do; first, uninstall the browser extension, and see if that fixes FB. If it does, then I'll install the Greasemonkey script instead and see what happens...
============================================
Later note:
Yes, that worked beautifully !! The catch was, I had to install V3 of Greasemonkey - V4 didn't work.
Once I installed GM 3.17, then installed the FB Purity script, all works beautifully on FB!!

Thank you all for your assistance, and for the reminder about Greasemonkey !!!
Last edited by Gorlash on 2018-11-13, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.