Is Twitch pathetically slow for anyone else?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Octopuss

Is Twitch pathetically slow for anyone else?

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-11-03, 12:42

I know the site is mostly crap, but today I decided to watch someone's past broadcast (I don't do that often), and it was more than painful. It lagged the living crap out of PM (showing 19% usage in Process Explorer, which only happens when it's choking). Clicking on anything took annoyingly long to respond, and everything loaded pretty slowly.
It used to be a LOT worse in old PM, but it's still far from good. Edge was surprisingly smooth though, and not using much CPU at all even.

Does the damn site behave similarly for others?
Watching live streams is ok (or acceptable) btw.
Last edited by Octopuss on 2018-11-03, 12:43, edited 2 times in total.

fillerup

Re: Is Twitch pathetically slow for anyone else?

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-11-03, 12:54

not at all, here is my PM usage watching both a livestream and a past broadcast (VOD) simutaneously

video and clicking things behave normally, only scrolling down the page is somewhat laggy
Last edited by fillerup on 2018-11-03, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.

Macca

Unread post by Macca » 2018-11-04, 22:16

Can confirm that I had no issues with Twitch. Did you try it on safe-mode, with a new profile and/or with Portable Pale Moon?

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2018-11-05, 03:18

Twitch worked normally and without issue when I was watching a stream a few days ago.

garoto

Unread post by garoto » 2018-11-29, 16:15

I use an external media player ("mpv") together with "Open With..." and I coudn't be happier about my web media needs.
Last edited by garoto on 2018-11-29, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2019-05-09, 21:29

I have no idea what are they doing with the damn site, but it feels like ten times worse than Facebook, and I have to use Firefox for that junk.
It literally half-freezes the entire browser when it's opened in just one tab.
And it's getting worse and worse (it's definitely significantly worse than when I posted this thread).