Tab groups extension interferes with browser.showQuitWarning

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

snertev

Tab groups extension interferes with browser.showQuitWarning

Unread post by snertev » 2018-10-10, 07:47

I've just discovered that the Tab groups extension (Panorama, ver 0.4) doesn't let the Quit Warning dialog window appear, if enabled via about:config option (browser.showQuitWarning = true).

If I disable the extension, the Quit Warning dialog works as expected when closing Pale Moon.

Can you confirm this behavior?

I'm using Pale Moon 28.1.0 (32 bit) on Win 10 Home 64 bit.

TIA.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Tab groups extension interferes with browser.showQuitWarning

Unread post by therube » 2018-10-10, 16:49

Link to "Tab groups extension"?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-10, 18:25

Tab Groups is designed to be used with the setting "restore windows and tabs from last time" -- without that, there are no tabs to keep track of.
That setting won't show a quit warning, because the session will be restored on next startup.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2018-10-11, 08:31

Moonchild wrote:Tab Groups is designed to be used with the setting "restore windows and tabs from last time" -- without that, there are no tabs to keep track of.
That setting won't show a quit warning, because the session will be restored on next startup.
Then, I'm a bit puzzled.

I've set PM to start with a home page, "about:blank", we have discussed about that some days ago because of a misunderstanding of mine in the meaning of "blank page" in my native language GUI.

Currently, once Tab groups is installed and active, I don't have the quit warning nor the previous tab session is reloaded, but the about:config browser.showQuitWarning is still set to "true".

I find it bizarre.