AB Prime

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

mades

AB Prime

Unread post by mades » 2018-10-08, 21:37

I just realized that there is something called ABPrime to replace Adblock Latitude. How do you add a class or id?

Would this be it in the filter preference?
@@||website.com##.myclass
@@||website.com###myid

Or would it be different?

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: AB Prime

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2018-10-08, 23:12

ABPrime is an alternative to ABL, not a replacement :thumbup:
Last edited by rabnbeinn on 2018-10-08, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

mades

Unread post by mades » 2018-10-09, 04:12

Uhm, that's not why I posted about it...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-09, 04:37

mades wrote:Uhm, that's not why I posted about it...
But it did need correcting...
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

mades

Unread post by mades » 2018-10-09, 04:57

Moonchild wrote:
:eh: I don't need correcting. The extension page needs correcting. As far as I know, "ill fated" means dead and/or not updated any longer.

Last edited by mades on 2018-10-09, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.

Potkeny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Potkeny » 2018-10-09, 07:15

mades wrote:
Moonchild wrote:
:eh: I don't need correcting. The extension page needs correcting. As far as I know, "ill fated" means dead and/or not updated any longer.

My understanding of that: "the version with not Bootstrapped style was discontinued", thus "ill fated". You drew your red circle too short, you probably should read that as "ill fated ABL version 3.5", not "ill fated ABL".

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-09, 07:21

Adblock Latitude 3.5 was an offshoot removing bootstrapping. It was never officially published and became its own fork in AB Prime. The main releases of Adblock latitude went from 3.0 to 4.0 (and later 5.0).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

mades

Unread post by mades » 2018-10-09, 08:47

Moonchild wrote:Adblock Latitude 3.5 was an offshoot removing bootstrapping. It was never officially published and became its own fork in AB Prime. The main releases of Adblock latitude went from 3.0 to 4.0 (and later 5.0).
As it may be, you cannot expect most people to know the difference between 3.0 and 3.5, or 3.5 and 4.0. Perhaps the paragraph on that page should be changed. Otherwise, you risk that confusion as in this case.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-09, 09:36

It's not my extension and I'm not in charge of the description for it (that would be Tobin).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-09, 13:07

I actually have to correct myself here. Sorry for the confusion.

ABL 3.5 was released, but people complained about the change in behavior, so things were rolled back, an update was made to 4.0 and the current ABL was continued. At that point, since it was clear that ABL didn't satisfy all Adblock-family users on Pale Moon, AB Prime was forked off from the then ill-fated ABL 3.5 to offer an alternative extension with different behavior preferred by a portion of the users, but disliked by another portion. So that's where we are now: ABL and AB Prime coexisting, maintained by different people and used by different groups of users.