Bookmark menu no longer scrolls, PM28

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Merovius

Bookmark menu no longer scrolls, PM28

Unread post by Merovius » 2018-08-17, 18:51

Just finished upgrading to PM 28, and my bookmarks no longer scroll with my middle mouse wheel. Running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

DavetheRave

Re: Bookmark menu no longer scrolls, PM28

Unread post by DavetheRave » 2018-09-15, 11:14

I have the same problem - unable to scroll through bookmarks since PM28 - version 27.9.4 works fine (and I'm back on that). Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-16, 12:06

Can you please be more specific? Is it the bookmarks menu or the organizer? is it the top level or sublevels? What are the steps to reproduce? Can you include a screenshot?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kerebron
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Kerebron » 2018-09-17, 00:22

I've noticed similar behaviour: in Bookmarks drop-down menu, when mouse pointer is hovering over an opened folder item, mousewheel scrolling doesn't work. To make it work again, you have to move the pointer either to position where it hovers over a direct bookmark (not a folder) or keep it moving so the sub-menu doesn't have time to open.

[Win 7HP x64, PM 28.0.1 x64, Intel HD4600]
Last edited by Kerebron on 2018-09-17, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-17, 11:30

Hmm.. I wonder if this is related to something else.

If you grab the latest unstable, and set ui.menu.allow_content_scroll to true, does that fix the issue?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-09-21, 21:29

Bookmarks scrolling in PM 28.1.0. x32 works for me in both, menu and organizer. Hovering over a highlighted folder and wheel-scrolling doesn't work. - I didn't know it worked in PM 27.x and thought it was default behaviour. (same in FF52 ESR)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-22, 08:04

So, is anyone even -interested- in trying out what I said? Or are we just going to "me too" from here on out?

Kerebron
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Kerebron » 2018-09-23, 17:50

PM 28.1.0 x64 - setting ui.menu.allow_content_scroll to true fixes the issue. :thumbup:

For me. :P

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-23, 22:37

Kerebron wrote:PM 28.1.0 x64 - setting ui.menu.allow_content_scroll to true fixes the issue. :thumbup:
For me. :P
Right, I was afraid of that. this means that there are probably more locations in the code base where this is incorrectly all tied together, causing scrolling issues. Great job, Mozilla!
This probably makes it desirable to have this functionality enabled by default.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-09-26, 02:21

So let me see if I've got this right...

Scrolling on the (main) bookmarks dropdown works.
When you focus a folder, the (main) bookmarks dropdown "freezes", that folder expands, & scrolling in that folder (when you've moved into it) works. (Likewise with any sub-folders.)

What won't work is if you have a screen full (literally) of folders, in which case you may not be able to mouse-wheel scroll up & down through it (as by default, when a folder is focused, scroll is locked).

Though I'll note that wheel scrolling does not look to "set position", mouse movement does.
So you should (I'm thinking, but not enough folders to test), be able to mouse scroll though pages of folders, so long as position is not set.

Is that the idea?

I would think it very odd that once focus on a folder has been set, & that the folder has expanded, that a mouse wheel action on its parent would cause the parent to scroll. (Aren't options great!)

DavetheRave

Unread post by DavetheRave » 2018-10-06, 15:28

DavetheRave wrote:I have the same problem - unable to scroll through bookmarks since PM28 - version 27.9.4 works fine (and I'm back on that). Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
Specifically, clicking on "Bookmarks" in the menu bar results in a drop down menu of my bookmarks (tons of 'em!); however with PM28 in its various incarnations, I am unable to scroll through my pages of bookmarks without using the Down/Up arrows (carets) at the bottom/top of the visible part of the menu. With version 27.9.4 all is well (at least as regards this matter) and thus, with 27.9.4 I remain - until further updates address this situation.
Last edited by DavetheRave on 2018-10-06, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

DavetheRave

Unread post by DavetheRave » 2018-10-06, 15:35

DavetheRave wrote:
DavetheRave wrote:I have the same problem - unable to scroll through bookmarks since PM28 - version 27.9.4 works fine (and I'm back on that). Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
Setting ui.menu.allow_content_scroll to "true" does the trick! Many thanks - I am now happily on version 28.1.0.